We originally booked at another hotel, but they double booked so they offered us Kallisto for no extra charge.The hotel is nothing like the photos, maybe a few years ago it looked like that but now it is kind of like a ghost town. The Glass is very dirty, which is a shame as the views are breathtaking.And there seems to be a lot of dead plants and tired looking plastic lounges everywhere. There is no feel to this place, it just felt stale.When we first arrived we were greeted by the manager who seemed quite proffesional at the start, but during our stay there he clearly was annoyed by any questions or assistance. It could be down to the fact there is no staff except for himself and a helper (i think his name was Dan) who i have to mention made the stay for us. Dan was the little ray of sunshine who greeted us every morning with our yummy breakfast with a big smile on his face and was always willing to help, but i did feel a bit sorry for him as he basically had to run the place by himself and only after 3 days of working there. Our room was the junior suite and it was large with high ceilings, but as it is a cave style as most hotels in Santorini it was musty and damp which could be easily fixed with a few more windows which had been concreted out.The furnishings are quite daggy and did'nt really match the rest of the room and wifi was terrible!!!!!!all the guests had to sit up on the deck in one spot to get any signal at all. The bathroom was also a dissapointment as the lights were fluros and a weak shower with luke warm water.The worst part of this room was the noise of the furniture on the roof which was our ceiling, it rattled all night....impossible to sleep and echoed through the room at any slight wind (we had to sleep with earplugs). This place has such potential but at the moment it's nothing but a average hotel with a lot of flaws.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kallisto Imerovigli Santorini HotelSantorini, the most beautiful Cycladic island, an island that emerged from the embrace of mother earth, an island that will spell every visitor with its unique beauty and character.Kallisto a 200 years old mansion, fully renovated in the year 2000 to be a luxury hotel. Keeping in mind the architectural tradition of Santorini, we have created a unique, luxury hotel that offers all the modern amenities. The excellent service, our fully-trained staff and the friendly atmosphere, combined with personal care and hospitality, welcomes you and invites you to discover the incomparable beauty of Santorini. Built in the highest point of Imerovigli village, Kallisto hotel offers to the guests incredible views of the Caldera and the endless blue of the Aegean sea. Focal point for daily escapes, since it's geographical position is just a few minutes away from the main places of interest of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Kallisto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kallisto Hotel Imerovigli
- Hotel Kallisto Santorini/Imerovigli