“Worst Hotel in Santorini”
Review of Andromeda Villas

Andromeda Villas
Ranked #15 of 28 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I booked a Luxury Room at this hotel in Sep, when I checked in, the reception told me there's only one room left, it's a dark room in the corner, and the facilities are bad, it's completely not what I expected. I argued with the hotel, and they agreed to provide another room (so they lied before as it's not the only room left), which is a classic room (much cheaper than what I booked and not so nice) as they showed on website, and they insisted it's a luxury room. I feel cheated as they sold my room and lied about it. So I suggested they either find me a luxury room or pay the price differential, they still insisted that's the room I booked and refused to change or compensate for it. After the conversation got intense, the manager sent in 2 security guards and literally kicked me out of the hotel, said they will refund, I felt disgusted about the whole thing. It took me hours to find another hotel, and I asked travel agency to contact the hotel and finish the refund, again, it’s not easy as the hotel keep saying they can’t refund yet as the reception desk is closed, they just don’t know how to be honest. Finally, my travel agency managed to finish the refund, but the whole thing is still very frustrating. I hope you won’t make the same mistake as I did, so I shared my experience here. It’s the worst hotel you can find in Santorini.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank jameswang322

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We were only in santorini for 4 nights and had high hopes for our stay here, we arrived and were greeted by a lady at reception who informed us that our rooms weren’t ready but as we were hungry we decided to have lunch outside by the pool and wait. The lunch was lovely, we had sandwiches and salads which were very tasty! Drinks were expensive.
We checked into our rooms, we’d booked suites, one of the rooms was definitely not a suite! There are over 200 steps between the top rooms and the swimming pool, unfortunately we had some drizzle while we were there making the steps very slippery so be careful!
The rooms were ok...very basic and not many hangers but we made do.
The breakfast wasn’t great, not the best options and no atmosphere in the restaurant at all!! The coffee was awful!!!

On the second night we wanted to sit and play cards, it was quite breezy and there’s nowhere to sit in the warm so we decided to use of our rooms, we went to the mini mart and bought some beers and wine and took them to the room where we sat for 4 hours and had a great night. We called down for room service (2 sandwiches and 1 baguette) and were told they couldn’t deliver it because it was TOO WINDY!!! I have never heard anything so ridiculous. We said we’d come and collect the food when it was ready so after 20 minutes we trotted down to the restaurant to collect it, as we did a man passed us with a tray delivering room service!!! I can only assume they didn’t want to come up to the top rooms-ridiculous.

We asked for a tray but weren’t allowed one because we didn’t have a tray license!!! More ridiculousness.

After that we decided to check out the next day, having only 4 days there and two being dampened by the hotel we moved and found a beautiful hotel in the south of the island. I wouldn’t recommend this place, there are much nicer options on the island.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank melaniespholland
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

On the day I got there my luggage was tamen from the van and dropped in my room. Cleaning of the room was ok, done daily. Everyone was nice while you were there.

The day I was to check out was the complete opposite. Waited 45mib without anyone taking my luggage. I had to carry it thru 2 elevators several stairs and not a single one of their people assisted or tried to at any point. 2 bell boys did nothing. We left the resort with the worst possible experience. They dont give a crap about you when you leave.

Bravo Andromeda Villas! Bravo!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dino S
Reviewed 23 October 2017

This was my third visit and stay at this property, with several other visits to other hotels on Santorini on prior years. So, with referrals to other travelers in the past, I chose to return to Andromeda Villas Hotel, Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece. Using a third party agency, my contact to secure booking numbers at the hotel was received. The hotel does not respond to emails, desk agents at the hotel may speak only Greek. I am seasoned in Santorini travel. The Traditional Room category is up to the Reception staff's discretion and choice. My first offering was a high traffic zone near the restaurant entrance. Then a request for an upgrade to junior suite, as a returning guest, was granted, with much negotiation. And, only then after, an offer to send me off property, that I declined. The new room was manageable, but again in a high traffic zone near one elevator landing and near maid closets. " You need to scope out the location first". The breakfast that was once offered to all is now 14 euros per person, that maybe loaded into a pre-booking cost from your agent. One must inquire and confirm. The Sunbeds get taken and hogged early. There are no breakfast facilities anywhere near the upper road parking area abutting this hotel. A small market has yogurt, water and such. All should be prepared for a nightmare in the parking space non-existence. Prepare to get the most insurance on any vehicle rented. The rooms are cleaned regularly, but the staff hovers on your space. Summary: the expansion of Imerovigil with newer hotels and the tightness of this area, leaves a desire to search out other hotels.
I think I will return often, but look toward other properties that do not have the intense pressures on staff and management, and those that might exhibit more personality to the guest. These folks are burned out.

Room Tip: Many rooms need to allow residents to walk in front of your room balcony area to access theirs.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SunkistTwo
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Very beautiful hotel but unfortunately, they are completely dishonest about room allocations. DO NOT ASSUME THAT YOU WILL GET THE ROOM YOU HAVE PAID FOR! This seems to be happening on a regular basis and happened to two other couples whilst we were there. One couple who had booked a Jnr suite 6 months ago for a four day trip were kept waiting for their room for 4 hours and then allocated a lesser room for the same price! Reception refused to reimburse them the difference or put them in the room they had originally booked and there was no manager to be seen. We left when they were 2 days into their Holliday and they are still trying to get the hotel to honour their booking or reimburse them the difference. They were left extremely stressed and reception did not care. Their stay was ruined and they had travelled all the way from the US.

We arrived on Tuesday at 2pm and were offered an 'upgrade'. We were happy to accept and taken to room 110. This is a dated dark and tired room next to rubble and rubbish, overlooking unkept shrubbery. It is clearly used as an overspill room for unlucky customers when they have double booked. Compared to other rooms (like some of the other higher up rooms) it has clearly not been updated in years. All fixtures are old and dusty the bed is like a loft bunk up in the ceiling, reached by a very shaky wooden loft ladder with steps that don't fit the whole of your foot. You hit your head on the ceiling as you climb up its so low. We went straight back to the receptionist who had lied about it being an upgrade and requested the CLASSIC room that we had originally booked and paid for, since this was clearly NOT an upgrade. We were told that the hotel was fully booked and that there were no other rooms available and that they would contact reservations and 'try' and give us another room the next day. I expressed how angry I was with the downgrade and the with whole situation. The classic rooms are modern, very comfortable, heated floors, power showers, modern decor, etc.

I showed her a picture of the classic room that we had booked and She told me that the pictures on the website were not necessarily pictures of the rooms that were available to book, as they couldn't put up pictures of all the rooms that they had. I said that this was ridiculous and dishonest of them and that it did not say this anywhere on their booking details and I asked for the manager. She said that the manager would be in the following day at 12pm. I reiterated that we would not be staying in this room beyond that night and would camp out by the pool until they found us another room. There was no manger to be seen for the 5 days that we were there. Thankfully the next day they put us into the classic room that we had originally booked (number 45) which was by the pool and perfect. However, they did not compensate us or offer a goodwill gesture or apologise for the one night that we had to stay in the basic room - 110. As a result, and since this seems to be a regular occurrence with this hotel, we would not book with them again, especially after reading about all the other people they have done the same thing to. At least we weren't on our honeymoon or paying big money for a Jnr suite! Disgraceful and dishonest behaviour from a hotel.

On a positive note, the rest of the staff were lovely. The views breathtaking and the island gorgeous. If you want a quad bike book through the hotel as it's cheaper €30 for 310cc as opposed to the hire places outside which charge €40 - €50. Busses are good and cheap too. The red beach was a bit of a disappointment and very crowded with a not so nice beach. But Perissa, with its black sand beach, bars and restaurants was lovely. You can get cheap breakfasts in Thira (€6) rather than pay €14 for hotel breakfasts. If you are on a budget, buy alcohol on your way in at duty free and keep in your hotel room fridge as hotel drinks can be expensive. Our favourite mid priced restaurant was POSIDONIA, in Imerovigli's main square. The local house wine was good and the salmon ravioli was delicious. Watching the sunset from the tip of Oia was a very crowded and unromantic affair with lots of traffic travelling back out. I would advise catching it elsewhere in Oia, but the town itself is beautiful. We absolutely loved Santorini and it's people and it had some of the best scenic views we have ever seen. We will definitely go back, but sadly not to this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple