See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Our apartment was simple but clean, warm, comfortable and more than sufficient for a week skiing in PSV. I was travelling with my wife and 2 young children and the resort felt super safe, everything was close together. I would definitely be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank The_ThompsonsUK
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This was our second visit to Puy with Snowbizz.

This tour operator is the best I have travelled with.

They will go out of their way to assist you with whatever needs you have.

The child care team (pink ladies) are good fun for the children, you feel very happy handing them over for a couple of hours fun each night. Plus the first hour in the morning before their ski lessons, so you get a chance to get yourself ready for the day ahead.

The ski instructors were excellent, we had Silvio, Tom and M-ell they were really good.

The apartments are basic but often ski accommodation is, they are functional and adequate for the needs of a ski holiday. It would be good to have bigger beds, but I believe these apartments are privately owned and rented for the season, so that is an owner issue that I don't think can be addressed.

It was good to have the apartment so we could come and go as we pleased. We had most of our food in the apartment. A trip to the patisserie each morning for croissants and pain au chocolat was a treat, we also picked up bread at the same time for lunch. The supermarket is a good size but their stock is sporadic so when you see milk, make sure you have enough to get you through the next few days, as fresh milk might not be in resort for another three days! One morning a friend had to have powdered goats milk in her tea!

In the evenings we only ate out one night, in the restaurant linked with snowbizz, La Chaumiere as a treat for the last night. It was tasty and the staff were polite, they were rather slow taking payment though, so I might even ask to pay at the point they bring the meal to you if you need to dash to get the children from the fun and games.

The rest of the time we got take away pizza from a good take away booth in the precinct, several nights we got freshly cooked chicken and chips from the supermarket. Very good value at 10 euro for 4 people or cooked something simple in the apartment

Do remember towels, bath mat to keep the floor from getting too wet, dishwasher tablets, baked beans, j-cloths etc. The rest the supermarket stocks.

I cannot say enough how good this tour operator is. They are family run, with the youngest generation working full-time in the business, so this company has years to run. They truly care, and if there is anything at all, they will aim to deliver

Well done Snowbizz

Room Tip: Ask for view towards the ski lifts so you get to see your children
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank holidaygetaway
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This was our second time at Puy, both times travelling with Snowbizz. We are a mature couple with no children however Snowbizz, who specalize in family holidays, appear to be the only "package" company going into the resort and they are very good, we flew from Manchester and were met at the airport by a Snowbizz rep. we were soon onto the coach at Turin and travelled without stopping to resort. There we were handed keys and a 7 day lift pass and were out skiing by early afternoon on the day of arrival. All the snowbizz staff are friendly and very helpfull. The appartments are basic but adequate and warm and in perfect position for "ski in ski out". We were in number 215 on the second floor, the floors are NOT carpeted and therefore the noise of the people above you is clearly heard. We must have had a family above us who let the children run around until 9 30p.m. and the noise did start to "grate" after an hour or so. We and the couple next door to us did suggest to Snowbizz that it would be better to put the older couples on the top floor and the families on the lower floors. that said it is only a minor irritation, but if you dont have children ask for the top floor of the building. The television only have BBC news 24, it would have been nice to have one or 2 english channels, perhaps take a DVD player and discs or a laptop, there is free Wi-Fi in the appartments. There is microwave but No oven as such so meals must be planned around microwave or hob cooking and No teapot, so if you enjoy a nice cup of tea pack a teapot instead of a kettle.. Taking everything into account it is not the cheapest self catering holiday but the location makes it.

Room Tip: Top floor for quietness
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We travelled with the only UK tour operator in the resort (Snowbizz) and stayed in the Sun Vallee apartments, formally known as Mona Lisa. Set in a small resort Puy St Vincent, everything was close to hand. A supermarket, ski hire shops, cafes, restaurants, and take aways. There was no trudging about in the snow, it was all within the big apartment complex. It is virtually ski in ski out, if you are a good skier, if not you will have a few steps to negotiate with your ski boots and gear.
Materialistically this was not a luxurious holiday, what it did give was a fantastic team offering flexibility. Run by Michel and Wendy along with their team of Pink Ladies (childcare team) they worked so hard to make sure our holiday was a success. If there was the slightest thing we wished for they delivered instantly. If the children were struggling with their ski tuition, they adapted it to ensure they were happy. If they were excelling the children were instantly introduced to the more advanced group. Similarly for the adults, although most groups progressed at the same rate, so only a few adults needed to go up or down.
The ski school (run by ESI) were all English speaking instructors and no other holiday makers from other holiday groups were allowed to join our classes so the people we skied with were on our plane and in the apartment block, enabling us to form a lovely community for the week.
There was childcare on offer, ideal for parents with little ones wanting to ski. For those with children over 5 we were able to get them ready and hand them over to the Pink Ladies who would play games with them from 10am until the 11am start of ski school. It would give us time to get in to our own ski gear without fighting the children’s ski boots at the same time and then all meet up at 11am to wish the children fun and take off for 2 hours with our ski group.
The lessons were all at the same time, but 1 hour later than the French. So we did find the cafes were all either full or the staff exhausted after their busy lunch slots. If we planned the holiday again we would not eat out for lunch, but buy a baguette when we dropped the children off in the morning and make some rolls. Everyone was ravenous and thirsty as soon as we arrived back, so instant food was a priority, and we were lucky to eat by 2:30pm in the cafes.
The afternoons were spent sledging (can borrow from the pink ladies) having a nap to recover or playing with new found friends.
In the evenings childcare was offered for 2 hours each evening (either 6 – 8pm or 7 – 9pm) for either DVDs, parties, talent shows etc. This enabled us to have a meal, or go to the pub with other parents.
The down sides were few, but I would say there was a limited stock in the supermarket for our favourite things. Things like no ketchup, baked beans or J-cloths were a little pain. I had brought dish washer tablets, and our favourite butter and yoghurts in a cool bag in the hold luggage, but had assumed they would have stocked these few items. The supermarket did an irregular stock of cold or hot chickens which were ideal for an easy meal, but wise to ask the supermarket what time they will come out of the oven.
There is no cooker in the apartment, only a hob and microwave, so cooking is limited. I would suggest going with the intention of making a snack lunch and eating out in the evening. If I was the owner of the apartments I would replace the dishwasher with a cooker.
The bed in the main bedroom is also absolutely tiny. If two need to sleep I would suggest pulling out the camp bed in the sitting room.
Children’s food was limited, Steak Hache and chicken nuggets were the main offering in all the restaurants, and chips with everything, and vegetables were not located on any restaurant plate that we came across. There was once a salad but a small worm put me off eating any more. There seemed to be a good Pizza takeaway service.
The green runs often had a steep beginning, and the more experienced skiers said they felt they bordered on a blue run.
My tip is if your ski boots are not comfortable enough, go back and change them. I found the circulation cut off on one of my feet, and could not feel anything in order to make the necessary moves, so I went back and they kindly found me another suitable boot.
Both arrival and departure days require very early starts. Had to wake at 2:30am to get to the airport to go and 4am to return home. The transfers were comfortable and 2.5 hours, which for ski-ing holidays I found a good time. However if you have a travel sick child, like us, we needed to ensure the wrist bands were on, Joy Rides taken and a bowl just in case. SnowBizz do enable you to request front seats, which helped a lot.
This is also a French resort, popular with locals. There was probably the highest concentration I have encountered of French people who either could not or did not wish to engage with the English language, so it would be advisable to brush up on your French before you travel. It was a shock on the first day that the café we went to did not understand any English. I was delighted as it forced me not to be an ignorant Brit abroad, and I rapidly learnt the French I needed.
As you can tell from the above there really weren’t down sides just little niggles did not detract from the amazing effort all the staff went to to ensure we had a lovely time.

Room Tip: There are two different sides to the apartments, nice to request a room overlooking the ski runs, so you get to see people come and go.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank holidaygetaway
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Now, I know it is only an apartment hotel and I shouldn't expect any customer service, but I have never ever in my life met a receptionist so disrespectul. We travelled with some friends via Unitravel, and were very excited to spend a week in the French Alps. The location is great, rooms are good size, (not very clean) we were surprised at the quality of the accomodation we got for such a low price.
The first shock came, when I purchased a 7 day internet voucher for €25, and I could not get it work in the room. So I went back to reception, explained the young french lady, that I cant even find the provider in the room. She got very annoyed with me, and said she has already explained to me internet is only working infront of the reception desk (which was not even in our buliding). I wasn't sure why she thought, she has already informed me (as I am positive she has not, otherwise I would not have bought one) so I asked for her manager. The little older french lady came out, and basically told me off for wanting my money back for the voucher I have never used. Weird. Its not the money, its rather the effort, and the fact they "called" me a liar.
When we checked in, they took €300 as a deposit. On check out, we had to wait for someone to check our room, and if everything was fine, we could get our money back. Our guide told us to clean the rooms a little, otherweise they will charge for the cleaning. So we did, at least as far as I am concerned, but the french maintenance guy, who looked more like a hobo, gave us a piece of paper with a number on it, that turned out to mean that they are charging us €95 as cleaning supplement. Obviously we had no chances arguing, as the manager took the money from our deposit and also jelled at us with the same attitude. Our bus left 2 hours late, as every single room from our group was charged extra, and we all tried to make the lady understand, that this is not normal. Could't

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Annipanni0
TheSnowMummy, Director of Snowbizz Tour Operator at Les Chalets Mona Lisa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2015

We were sorry to hear of your experience via Uniglobe but should like to reassure you that Snowbizz guests (as you will see from our reviews) have a 98% positive experience of Puy St Vincent and the super-friendly locals. Hope you would try this place again as it really is a little gem.