“Great Food at an acceptable price”
Review of Chez Mado

Chez Mado
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Le Crotoy
Chez Mado
Ranked #8 of 12 Le Crotoy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Avoided this restaurant for the last 12 years as too expensive and a menu with little choice. How things have changed -really enjoyed high class meal using local products at a reasonable price for the food and the wine list

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Fantastic views across the bay from the dining room. A wonderful Plat de Fruits de Mer with lobster €120 for two. Several menus from €29 to €60 for Gastronomique or €98 for the full approach to lobster.
The building is decorated beautifully, the waiting staff are attentive and there is a wide range of available wines.
Not cheap when compared to the nearby restaurants but this is several steps up in class. Well worth the extra expense. €300 for four having the top menu and including eight glasses of wine.
The best dining experience I have had in rural France.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Although we are aware of attitudes among some French about the presence of children in restaurants, we had yet to experience it (despite many dining experiences throughout the country) until our attempted dining experience at Mado. Upon entering with my three-year old in my arms, I was scolded by the grandmotherly owner/manager, who told me she could walk to the table. When my daughter noticed the lobster tank and wanted to have a look en route to said table (it was nowhere near other diners) I was told I couldn't. When, moments after receiving our menus it was veritably demanded of us what 'the child' would be having and our inability to answer immediately produced scoffs I decided I would take the message. French Grandma, 1: entire family that would have spent hundreds of euros there, 0 (and much happier for it). I'm sure the food would have been great, but the meal we had elsewhere was excellent and we weren't made to feel like criminals for deigning to enter their establishment with a child.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nomads365
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My husband and I arrived for dinner only to be told they were booked at 7PM French TIME (although the restaurant was empty) we asked if they had later sitting only to be told they were booked for the weekend including Monday. As we were leaving just outside the door we encountered another couple and informed them what they were booked - they went it without reservation and got a table. My husband then call THEM from his cell phone to make a reservation and they booked a table. We walked back in and asked them WHY they had said they were booked. I DID NOT STAY. I will not pay to eat in a place where discrimination is blatant as this place was.It was the worst experience I ever had in my life. It destroyed my weekend! I will never again go to this town!.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank fogoparis
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Mainly a deservedly popular restaurant (see review elsewhere on TripAdvisor) with just 3 rooms, we had a wonderful stay. Quirky but classy and extremely comfortable. Room had the most comfortable bed ever and the view over the bay was amazing. Also a large, bright bathroom. We were there in November so the parking charges mentioned by other reviewers did not apply. Breakfast the next morning was equally good. Croissants and bread baked on the premises, home-made jam and tea/coffee. Like the hotel really - good quality but no gimmicks. Maybe wouldn't appeal to youngsters but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back at the earliest opportunity.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Logis Auberge de la Dune
#5 of 5 in Le Crotoy
1.4 km away
L'Escale de la Baie de Somme

Been to Chez Mado? Share your experiences!