“Perfect base for summer cycling or walking in Pyrenees”
Review of Hotel Les Sorbiers

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bareges
Hotel Les Sorbiers
Ranked #2 of 5 Bareges B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

We had an excellent week hosted by Rachel and family, not to mention Rich who was our ever patient cycling guide.

The hotel is quite compact with small but clean rooms and a nice lounge with all mod-cons and a self service bar/ drinks area. The hosts' local knowledge and cycling enthusiasm plus the superb standard of evening meals makes Hotel Les Sorbiers a welcoming and excellent value place to stay for hungry cyclists!

Many thanks, hope to be back soon.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank B B

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Excellent stay, very friendly and welcoming. Well situated not far from the bus stop which takes you up to the skiing, this is a good service every 15 minutes and is free. Nearby there is a bakery, a few bars, pharmacy, sports shops and souvenir shop. The rooms are small but very clean and well looked after. There was no menu choice for food but everything was excellent, enjoyed it all, couldn't fault the cooking.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank holidaysover
Reviewed 3 October 2016

I have been lucky enough to have spent a week of cycling in the beautiful Pyrenees. Staying at my favourite place, Les Sorbiers. Run by Robert and Rachel Wiliamson, situated in the village of Bareges.

As a beginner to cycling, I was amazed on the many miles of perfectly smooth tarmac available to ride in the area. Im no mountain climbing specialist, but within 20 mins or so I was able to ride quiet country roads through stunning scenery. Guided by Mrs Williamson, I was able to enjoy my rides and experience why so many riders come to this part of the world.

If you are a climber of mountains or just fancy a challenge, there are no better roads for you to take on. I've had a wonderful week at Les Sorbiers and will be returning again in the winter for some Christmas skiing with my family.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have comfortable beds, its very clean and a home from home
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank mick D
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel situated in Bareges which is a good central location for hiking or cycling the Pyrenees. Rob and Rachel, the owners, are Brits which is great if you are not very skilled in French. The rooms are simple, with ensuite available, and their weekly price is a bargain with breakfast and dinner included. Rachel is a closet vegetarian, and I stayed two weeks and never had the same vegetarian entrée twice. Dinner is three course; salad, entrée, and desert. Wine available. Their package price for a guided hiking vacation is also one of the best prices I have seen for guided hiking. It is great if you don't have a car because they drive you to and from some great hiking locations. I have attached some pictures of the hikes. They also pick you up and drop you off at the local airport in Lourdes. I didn't do any cycling myself, but many cyclists stayed there to ride the famous cols of the Tour de France with Rob.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Our annual visit delightful as ever. I recommend a stay at Les Sorbiers if you are a cyclist or walker as this is an ideal centre. Rob and Rachel are very knowledgeable about the area and will sort you out. Nice home cooked food too!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family