All reviews place to stay feel welcome pic du midi couldn't fault many thanks local knowledge rachel cycling summer village walks pyrenees france meals cooking
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Our annual visit delightful as ever. I recommend a stay at Les Sorbiers if you are a cyclist or walker as this is an ideal centre. Rob and Rachel are very knowledgeable about the area and will sort you out. Nice home cooked food too!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2016

I have not stayed at Les sorbiers before , was recommended by friends and was glad i came the week before easter.. Rob and Rachel are lovely couple and run a clean pleasent hotel with nice home family feel to it. Which is what you need after a good day boarding. The food was great Rachel seemed to add her own personal touch to every meal which i couldn't fault . Rob is very down to earth and next time I visit hope i can go on one of his guided ski/board trips off pic di midi. Its pretty good value for money the rooms a comfortable. It was the friendliness that will stick in my memory and draw me back to this particular hotel. The area itself i would like to explore more at a later date.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank molecansurf
Reviewed 17 September 2015

My wife and I recently spent a fantastic week with Rob and Rachel Williamson and family at their little gem of a hotel in beautiful Bareges, on the slopes of the iconic Col du Tourmalet. As a cyclist, the week I spent climbing some of the great cols of the Tour de France under Rob's expert guidance was a highlight, but my wife also enjoyed the beautiful scenery, extensive walks, observing the abundant birdlife and the many other activities available in the area. Accommodation was very very good and the home cooked meals provided by Rachel and Rob were consistently excellent. More importantly, the Williamsons made us feel as though we were part of their family and went out of their way to look after us and make us feel at home. It was also fantastic value for the price. A thoroughly enjoyable stay and thoroughly recommended for anyone interested in cycling or just having a great time in a lovely part of the world. We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2015

As promised, our return to Bareges and Les Sorbiers this summer!

Greeted with the usual warm welcome back at Les Sorbiers for a week. We have spent another wonderful time with the Williamson family. This week we have experienced a week of activity, with walking, exploring and a day canyoning.

Our hosts have again gone above and beyond the expected levels expected of a family visit. Rachel was kind enough to guide us on a walk into the high mountains to a secluded lake. The walk was beautiful and took us to places we would never have seen. The Lake is situated below the towering Observatory of the Pic Du Midi. It was a steady climb, that can be attempted by most people.
On arriving at the lake, our 17 year old and 13 year old had stripped off to their swimsuits. However, they did realise that the water is almost at freezing point, fresh off the mountains. My oldest did in fact end up swimming after he slipped and fell into the crystal clear waters!

We walked back a different route and stopped for coffee and chocolate at the cafe on the top of the world famous Tourmalet cycle route.

During the week we visited the ski station and the runs we skied at Christmas, we took the ski lift back up to the summit and spent a couple of hours walking through the beautiful woods. We visited the amazing Pic Du Midi observatory, the second time I've visited the place and it always impresses with the magnificent views. At over 9000 feet, it towers over all the peaks. Its a fantastic place to visit.

This week we have tried a spot of canyoning, this involves putting on a heavy duty wetsuit and climbing, swimming and jumping into the clear waters of a local river gorge. Not for the faint hearted, we where introduced to the sport with a leap off a 9 metre rock face into the cold, clean water! The whole afternoon was amazing and really tested you physically and mentally. By two boys loved it. We where joined in this by Rachel and her 13 year old daughter Rosie. Canyoning is physically demanding but its open to all and at all levels, you are not expected to take the high plunges if you don't want to. Its a great way to spend a couple of hours.

Sadly, our holiday has ended all too soon. We have had a great time again at Les Sorbiers and we all hope to be able to return again in the future. Rob, Rachel and the girls have been great hosts.

If you are looking for a place to stay in this area of France, you could do a lot worse than staying at Les Sorbiers. Great location, great people, great food and worth a visit.

Thanks Guys.

The Dyer's

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2015

I suddenly realised I had not written a review of les sorbiers or at least not recently, so I am making amends. Not that I can say anything that others haven't already about rob and Rachel's warm welcome and wonderful company. If you are a cyclist, a walker or a skier you cannot stay in a better place. Do look at their website and give it a try.

Stayed: July 2015