All reviews place to stay feel welcome pic du midi many thanks local knowledge rachel cycling summer village walks pyrenees france meals
Reviewed 25 July 2015

Just back from a fantastic week at Les Sorbiers. Guided cycling trips every day to suit a range of abilities and amazing 3 course meal each night. Rob and Rachel were great hosts and did everything they could to make sure our stay was enjoyable. Fanatastic value for money and we hope to return one day.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2014 via mobile

Where to begin?...a series of firsts for our family, first Christmas away from the traditional Christmas, first time skiing and first time to Les Sorbiers as a family.

Collected by our host, Rob Williamson from the airport of Lourdes, a short 40 min drive up into the mountains to the beautiful, picturesque Pyrenean village of Bareges.

Bareges is a playground for winter sport enthusiasts; just minutes from the ski lifts that service the local area. Our arrival was met with the same wonderful, warm and friendly greeting that I have experienced in the past.

Robert and Rachel had organised ski tuition with a local instructor (Stephane, an amazing skier) and ski hire at a local shop.
We all where fitted with skis and boots within 15 mins.

Rob, Rachel, Mary and Rosie have made out Christmas one of the very best we have ever had. The food was of the highest quality, all freshly cooked and prepared by hand for every meal. The accommodation is comfortable, warm and scrupulously clean. Again, my sons have eaten full three course meals every night and have eaten foods they have always refused to eat for us as parents!!! This is most likely down to the meals prepared by Rob and Rachel. The food is lovely...Creme Brûlée a firm favourite and a speciality of Rachel's.

We have been helped daily to purchase ski passes and food by the girls, both Mary and Rosie are fluent in French and have been massively helpful. The skiing lessons under the watchful eye of Stephane, saw us all attempting the green runs with just 6 hours of lessons.

Following our lessons, my kids and I where given extra tuition by the Williamson's. All four of them are accomplished skiers in their own right. I have to thank Rachel for guiding me through the finer points of carve turning on steep slopes.
My kids where taken through the use of "button lifts" by Rob...

Our time at Les Sorbiers has sadly gone all too quickly. This is my third time as a guest here, and I look forward to returning again in the summer.

The Williamson's are passionate about there business and they are very good at it. You could much worse than staying with them. I would whole heartedly recommend anyone to stay at Les Sorbiers. You are treated as family and we loved every minute of our stay.

Thanks guys for everything.

As for the ripping...I ripped the crotch out of my salopets during a highly comical "face-plant" into a snow bank. Laughed at by everyone on the above ski lift.

Stayed: December 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We spent several days at Les Sorbiers this summer with our two small children and had the most relaxing, enjoyable break. Nothing was too much trouble, our room was perfect, the food was amazing, Rob and Rachel were the perfect hosts... Highly recommended! The village is beautiful and has plenty to do, even when your significant other has disappeared off cycling (he says it was absolutely brilliant). Just a cracking holiday overall and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 28 July 2014

As soon as we rang the doorbell at Les Sorbiers Rob and Rachel treated us like one of the family. Rooms are cosy and well thought out and the food was great, just what we needed after a hard day on the mountain. Whilst we didn't partake in the guided cycling we chatted with other guests that did and what Rob doesn't know about the area or cycling isn't worth knowing!

Bareges suffered horrendously in the flooding last year, but is getting back to its best and is a lively little hub halfway up the famous Col du Tourmalet.

Rumour has it that there is imminent investment in the nearby ski area, which can only help this village to blossom.

We can't wait to visit again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff K
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My wife,daughter and I only had time to stay one night in this beautiful area.
The drive in and out is stunning.The area had recently been ravaged by severe flooding,there was damage of epic proportions.We were recommended by a local to Les Sorbiers.We were greeted by Rob with a cold beer which went down well.
Our room was homely,well appointed,and very quiet and comfortable.We had dinner in a nearby town but had breakfast at Les Sorbiers which was very nice with a friendly,informative conversation with the owners and other guest.
Next time I get an opportunity to visit the Pyrennees I will be sure to stay in Bareges at Les Sorbiers.
It is particularly accommodating to skiers and cyclists who will be well catered for.I am neither but still fell in love with the town and surroundings.

Room Tip: In peak season I feel rooms towards the back of the building would be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family