USD 239
Tucan Hotel(Uvita)(Great Value!)
USD 35
Bungalows Ballena(Uvita)(Great Value!)
USD 250
Big Bamboo Uvita(Uvita)(Great Value!)
USD 45
Arboura Eco Cabins(Uvita)(Great Value!)
USD 48
Bahia Azul Hotel(Uvita)(Great Value!)
USD 101
USD 93
Bahia Ballena Hostal(Uvita)(Great Value!)
USD 54
USD 644
All reviewsnew ownerstvtrailoceanjungle
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

I have recently returned from spending 10 days in Costa Rica with 7 of those days at Hotel Samsara. I cannot say enough good things about my husband and my experience here. The accommodations are spacious, clean and centrally located to the town of Uvita and many attractions in the area. This hotel is off the main highway and for me this was a bonus. Getting to and from where we needed to go was very convenient and the grounds have a lush jungle on the property that leads directly to Playa Ballena. The property is serene, well kept and the flowers and grounds are always being worked on by staff and maintenance. This hotel has new owners since just a few months ago and the changes that were ongoing there were very present with things being updated, repainted, replaced etc. The owners were extremely helpful with providing information and resources on the area also which made things easier cor our days of exploring.
Breakfast was a typical Tico breakfast but their rice was amazing compared to other places we ate. The lunches and dinners were fresh and delicious and there was a variety of different choices. Lots of fresh fruits, juices etc. (the owner Raulito also makes great specialty drinks)
There was always someone around to answers questions or provide ongoing resources in the reception which was nice. It was nice to see the pride in ownership from the new management.
This property also has a pool which is nestled away from the rooms in a stunning setting surrounded by the jungle. On one occasion a group of 20 monkeys or so passed by while we were swimming. We also saw beautiful birds, butterflies and animals right on the grounds and at the end of the trail is a beautiful natural beach where we swam every morning.
I brought natural bug repellant and didn't have any issues with mosquitos on this property at all. I was a little nervous about this before going but was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are also secured and didn't have any issues with bugs while inside.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this property to anyone and my husband and I are already planning a return trip to this area and we will for sure be staying again at this hotel. A big thanks to all the staff who made our vacation a truly memorable experience.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

I've stayed all over Uvita and there is one thing I always run into and that is mosquitos! Not Here I slept great and the people here are very nice And accommodating. The food is wonderful and there is even a bonus jungle treck behind the hotel to a creek and the ocean. New #1 favorite hotel for this location. Pura Vida!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I was Skeptical in the beginning my first trip to Costa Rica but now I regret it
Beautiful places, good staff and owners.
The beach is incredible beautiful,and breathtaking.
Good food
No complaints.
Thanks I see you soon.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2017

I was at first a little apprehensive about staying here after reading some of the negative reviews but this place is a little gem in Costa Rica!!!
For starter it is under new ownership/management. The chef is amazing and he prepared for us the most fresh delicious meals I have ever had! We are a family of 4 and each of us enjoy different activities. This homey hotel did not fall short in offering things to do, from long peaceful hikes in the nearby National forest where we enjoyed all kinds of unique wildlife, to whale watching and snorkeling, even a little bit of fishing for my die hard fisherman husband. The only regret was not been able to stay longer!! We are already planning to be here for Christmas 2018 and do much of the exploring we didn't get to do this time.
The rooms have been freshly painted and remodeled, where we unwind comfortably at the end of a hard day of fun.
This place and its friendly staff will not disappoint you! we loved it!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

So we failed and didn't read reviews before booking this place (or meant to book another one and accidentally booked this one). It's right on the highway. Super loud. Even with that aside, there is an apartment above the rooms, and the floors/ceilings are made of creaky wood, so every time someone walked we could hear it, full volume. Woke me up all night, even with earplugs. We could also hear everything said in the room beside us.
The people are very nice and the rooms were clean, but very musty. The pool looked nice. The walk to the beach is through dense jungle... not an easy stroll.
The breakfast was yummy. Really nice people, but unfortunately bad location, and really loud rooms.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends