“Excellent place!”

Ranked #4 of 61 Restaurants in Uvita
Price range: USD 6 - USD 17
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Spanish restaurant, owners from Ibiza and Barcelona. Specializing in Paellas, Sangria, Spanish Wines List, Meats and Seafood dishes. Open for dinner.
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Amazing people in the staff! The head chef came to greet us and tell us about the food. The two serving ladies were also too lovely! So caring and very attentive. Had a delicious authentic seafood paella (very generous portions) and most amazing cold almond garlic soup! It was out of this world. Also the crema catalana was smooth and just sweet enough. Great experience and very cute outdoors setting!

MontseAlvarez, Propietario at Sabor Espanol, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Hello Harriett, thank you very much for write these nice words about us. See you soon !!

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

At the end of a dirt road near the marine park in Uvita, the setting for this restaurant is super dreamy. Perfect for a date night or a quiet dinner if you are traveling alone. The couple that owns it are very warm and attentive. This was probably the best service I had during my two weeks in Costa Rica. The wine list was one of the best I came across while traveling with lots of South American and Spanish varieties- very rare! I ordered the chicken with mango which was a little underwhelming, but I think paella is their specialty which serves two. I would skip dessert here and go get a slice of carrot cake or vegan cheesecake from the Flutterby Hostel around the corner.

1  Thank Cassady S

Dear Cassady, thank you so much for coming to our home and writing these nice rewiew!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Felt like you were having a meal cooked by your family! Very friendly staff, very accommodating for my gluten free diet, the chef even comes out to meet you! Plus lovely atmosphere! We managed to get a table on arrival however would recommend making a reservation as it gets booked up!

Reviewed 7 February 2018

First, the couple who owns and runs Sabor are very nice and friendly. It is cute and in the middle of ??? Enjoyed the food but the reason for the lower rating was due to a few things. The food while very good did not seem equal to the cost. The entire time we were there, there was a table of 6 who was very loud and liqueured, with one guy even hitting on other women customers. The final straw was the ten minute or longer wait for the bill after we had asked twice for it. All and all on another night I am sure it would be better, but we only had this night and will not make it there on our next visit to Uvita.

MontseAlvarez, Propietario at Sabor Espanol, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear Tomshoe2,

I am so so sorry for this situation with this table of 6 people..... it is not usual at our restaurant, we want a nice, romantic and quiet ambience in our business.... I reiterate it is not our atmosphere, and please excuse me for the time to make your bill, this situation with these people was very stress for us to.
I only hope that you come back another night and you can enjoy our authentic atmosphere.
Yours sincerely,
Montse Alvarez

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

One of the best meals I've had anywhere in years! Amazing service and homey yet elegant environment. We had stuffed avocado, mussels and the salmon in coconut sauce and I would go back again for the exact same dishes!

MontseAlvarez, Propietario at Sabor Espanol, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Thank you Ellen for your apreciation, it is very nice to read these good things about us, this is our objetive!
Thank you very much for write, see you soon!!
Montse Alvarez