“The Most Perfect Meal!”

Ranked #3 of 127 Restaurants in Baga
Cuisines: Sushi, Brazilian, Mediterranean, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are reopening for the 2018-2019 season on Wednesday 5 September 2018 serving the Portugues dining hall in the cottage and on the veranda.
Reviewed 19 January 2017

(Forgive me in advance for the blurriness of my photos, it really doesn't do the place/food justice but my camera is old and can't handle shooting at night!)

My husband and I went here for our very first anniversary, as I had the TripAdvisor app on my phone and it rated this place as the best in North Goa (our hotel was Vagator) and so I had emailed ahead of time to book. The head chef Stefan answered my emails and gave us the best table in the restaurant on account of our anniversary, which was enough to make me satisfied. But that was only the tip of the iceberg on our wonderful experience.

When we arrived, the restaurant was quite empty, which made us happy because we wanted some peace and privacy for our dinner, and we later learned that it's especially quiet right now but the bookings are usually higher (not a great season all-round) and as the evening progressed, the place gradually began to fill up, so I definitely recommend reserving, just to be sure. We went at night time but I can imagine it's really lovely in the day too, as it overlooks the river and has a lovely garden area, which was all lit up when we got there. We did indeed get a great table with a view of the river and garden, and the decor in the restaurant was simple and elegant, with light-orbs that gently change colour plotted around the edges, and big glass tables which was great for us as we have a tendency to order a lot of different dishes and usually run out of table space.

The manager and wait staff all welcomed us and wished us a happy anniversary which was very sweet, and we ordered some mojitos to start which were absolutely sumptuous (I used to bar-tend in Spain where I learned some pretty decent mojito skills, so I can definitely say these guys know their stuff) and then we ordered a goat's cheese terrine, a vitality salad and kalamata olives with feta to start. Before our starters arrived, the chef sent us a complimentary starter of tzatziki, hummus and varied breadsticks, as well as a taster bite of olives, tomato and feta on crunchy bread. It was all delicious and made us excited for the rest of our meal.

Our waiter, Pushkar, was extremely attentive, with a good sense of humour and he knew when to give us attention and when to give us peace. All the other waiters were just as competent, although Pushkar seemed to be mainly assigned to our table. He checked when we were ready for our mains and everything came out in absolutely perfect timing, we didn't have to wait at all and had the correct gap between starters and mains.

Chef Stefan from South Africa came over to chat to us and he was absolutely a lovely guy. We had a great talk with him and we will be sure to drop into his partner's restaurant in Cape Town when we go over there.

For mains, I had beetroot crusted in cashew and almonds, with zuchini spaghetti and a delicious puree, and my husband had the hot stone beef. They were unbelievably tasty, we were almost moaning with every bite! As a vegetarian I sometimes struggle to find enough choice that isn't only Indian (which I love, but I also like variation in cuisines) and the menu had a great amount of selection, to the point I almost couldn't decide, but my choice was fabulous. My husband's beef came with sea salt, olive oil and a dipping sauce, as well as garlic bread, a portion of french fries AND a mini salad! Even I could say the smell was delicious, almost enough to turn me to a meat eater! We also ordered kiwi daquiri cocktails which were once again lovely.

The icing on the cake was when the staff brought out a toffee and chocolate crumble cake saying "happy anniversary" with a candle, which we had no idea about and was completely complimentary!! It was, as everything else, totally delicious and we stuffed ourselves entirely trying to get as much of the flavour as our stomachs could deal with. It's clear that Go With The Flow will take the best care of you that they can, pay attention to your specific needs, and the way that they handle the food is with hygiene and love. We ate so much that we ended up in laughing fits because a few sequins ended up popping right off my dress! But it was well worth it, after all, who needs fancy dresses when you can have amazing food?!

The only disappointment was that we didn't have enough time to go back again, but any time we are up in North Goa we will for sure re-visit this restaurant, as we had an absolutely perfect time. After our meal we went to their new upstairs deck which had colourful gazebos and lounge areas, which was really beautiful and I would love to go and relax up there with a cocktail in the afternoon in future. We could even reach it with a lift, which worked for me as my heels were far too high for stairs! :)

The price of everything was 3,700, but you can happily have dinner for about 2,000 here and still feel full, we just ordered as much as we wanted (too much haha) because we were treating ourselves for the special occasion, which, to be honest, is an amazing price for the quality and quantity of the food in my opinion.

We even learned that the restaurant donates its proceeds to charity, which for us was an extremely wonderful piece of information to receive, as we are practically addicted to giving to charity, so it was amazing to know that our perfect meal and fantastic time also helped those in need!!!

Thank you so much, Go With The Flow, for making our anniversary dinner a perfect experience and fantastic time, and special thanks to the manager, chef Stefan and our waiter Pushkar, for looking after us and spoiling us! We'll never forget the great time we had.

Please also wish your parents a very happy 40th anniversary from Jayne and Jacob, Stefan!

2  Thank ForeverMoving
GoWithTheFlow_Chef, Chef at Go with the Flow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2017

Dear Jayne and Jacob,

Wow - what an incredible review - can't believe you took the time to go into so much detail.

It warms our hearts with gratitude when we hear our guests enjoy their experience with us as much as the two of you did!

Thank you so much for all your kind words and wonderful feedback. We are super happy that you chose Flow to celebrate your special 1st anniversary with us!

We hope to see you again next year!

Thank you once again and congratulations one more time :-)

Warmest regards,

-Chef Stefan and the Flow team :-)

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I visited Go with the Flow for the first time in 2014 and raved about how good the food was so had to come back!

I thought it was really nice how the restaurant still gives complimentary amuse bouche before your meal, a lovely touch!

The sizzling steak plate is to die for - they replace the hot stone for you half way through so you can take your time cooking your steak. The piña coladas were the best I'd had all holiday.

The chef took time from the kitchen to walk round the tables and speak to the guests which I thought was lovely.

Dear Alex,

Thank you so, so much for the great review :-)

Super happy to hear that you enjoyed everything as much as you did :-)

We hope to be able to welcome you back to Go with the Flow at some stage in the future :-)

-Chef Stefan and the Flow team

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Dined here twice on our most recent visit to Goa.
Thoroughly loved both visits the quality of food is truly 5 *.
Granted slightly dearer but you get what you pay for.
My son is a vegan and was in heaven with the choice.
He rated his meal best in Goa.
I have to agree from the ambience, service to food all was excellent. Will be back for sure.

GoWithTheFlow_Chef, Chef at Go with the Flow, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2017

Dear guests,

Thank you so much for all your kind words - fantastic to hear such good feedback - we hope to welcome you back to Flow on your next visit to Goa.

Warmest regards,

-Chef Stefan and the Flow team.

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit to Flow and this time for lunch. The place is very interesting but we were the only people in the restaurant. I was quite surprised with the quality of the dishes which were very flavourful and tastefully presented. The herb encrusted fish was delicious as was the chicken breast and the tomato mozzarella salad. The mashed potatoes with the chicken were creamy and yummy! Would come again.

Dear NChopra,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review - we are super happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Please do join us again in future - perhaps for dinner next time - our dinner menu has more options available and the restaurant has a completely different vibe in the evenings.

Thanks once again!

Warmest regards,

-Chef Stefan and the Go with the Flow team.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Great dishes, varied selection. It is a clean restaurant that offers large portions. Really recommend visiting while in north goa.

1  Thank delhibsal
GoWithTheFlow_Chef, Chef at Go with the Flow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Saleh,

Thank you so much for your great review - super happy to hear that you enjoyed everything. :-)

We hope that you will visit us again upon your next visit to Goa.

Warmest regards,

-Chef Stefan and the Go with the Flow team.