See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2016

I went on a trip to Chapada Diamantina with my dad and we booked this hotel online. Once we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised!
Owners are a brazilian-american couple, and they made everything to make our stay very special! They take care of each and every guest individually, and always do everything to please you! The treatment we got from the owners was something unspeakable of. We could feel their love for what they do and their passion for that place.

The rooms are very spacious and clean. Also, all the cottages are equipped with a full kitchen, so you have the option to stay in for lunch, dinner or prepare some snacks. It wasn't our case, but I imagine if you have a big family it's great to save some money.

Location is bit far from downtown and on top of a hill, so be prepared to walk if you don't have a car. On the other hand, the distance from the village ensures tranquility and a good night's sleep. We loved how they are cultivating lots of trees on their land, so you really feel connected with nature, it's very relaxing!

Breakfast is a serious thing here! Honestly one of the best I've had in my life, better than at many fancy and expensive hotels. Everything is homemade, fresh, made as you sit down to eat. We had a nice surprise with a different menu everyday, and everything was just delicious! Owner was very attentive and after day one she already knew the way I like things, so I never had to request again for what I wanted. A lot of the recipes were local, so I got to try things I've never seen before. From cakes to breads, fresh juice and even their cheese and cold cuts, they make everything on the spot and it all tasted great! I would go back just to eat everything again!

Honestly, these are the most receptive people I have ever met, really impressive ... I super recommend this hotel and every time I go back to Lençóis that's where I'm gonna stay!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2015

The room was really nice, clean and with all the accommodations ! The environnement is quiet.

The breakfast is really good, everything is prepared the morning !

If you are looking for a guid you should ask to speak to Youri. He is really cool and can organize a good trek for you (Better than an Agency) with mocqueca and cachaca ! :)

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2015

Not quite sure why these cabins have barn-style doors but they do. With the sleeper sofa and the mezzanine, the cabin could sleep 4-5. We were only three people so didn't use the mezzanine (and were glad we didn't need to because it's got to be so stuffy up there w/o fan nor AC. The kitchen took up quite a bit of space and leave the rest of the area crammed (we didn't use the kitchen so could not appreaciate its roomyness). What I remember:

1) we got there after dark; with GPS we still could not find it using its listed address. And even after calling, it still took quite an effort to find it.

2) getting to its parking lot and once inside it, the surface condition was SO BAD that it was miracle we didn't hit the bottom of the car. HUGE HUGE bumps.

3) the yard was scattered with empty water/beer bottles, which makes the otherwise ok little walk to breakfast rather discusting. Don't understand why they would not gather them up in a trash can if they were going to leave them in plain sight.

4) breakfast room was REALLY CRAMMED with only two tables to sit; you feel you need to leave when new people come so they can sit.

5) at breakfast, if you sit at the table facing the back (window), you get to see more trash back there including some old lady shoes and laundry...very, very unpleasant.

6) in room wifi was weak.

In all, I believe the 4.5-star rating is false. We came here because it was busy season and we had a plan change and needed a place to stay last minute. At close to US$100 a night, I do not recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank JANE L
Reviewed 5 December 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at Villa Justen. The bungalows are very spacious, well maintained and the cleanest we stayed in on our trip in Brazil. They also have a fully equipped kitchen. We especially liked the veranda with hammock. Breakfast was great, a lot of choices and every day a freshly baked delicious cake. The owners family assisted us with everything we needed. Especially Juri helped us a lot. He picked us up in the middle of the night from the bus station. When we needed a doctor, Juri came with us and helped us translating. And much more, like organizing excursions and trips. All this of course free of change. I really recommend Villa Justen!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank janandesther
Reviewed 4 September 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived in Lencois we felt more than welcome. Youri, the brother of the owner (his sister) picked us up from the bus station and brought us to Villa Justen. He was so kind and helpfull, I would recommand everybody to stay here. The room is very clean and it has is own kitchen and bathroom.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends