“Decent Mexican but way too salty”

Burritos y Taquitos Santa Fe Restaurante
Ranked #28 of 82 Restaurants in Lencois
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Having travelled a lot in Mexico I was excited to try this place out. The settign is lovely by the river and the staff friendly but the burritos and tacos that we tried were tasty and close to 'real' Mexican but all were way too salty, which overpowered the flavours

1  Thank travla67

Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

One of the best mexican food I never had, tacos and burritos were amazingly tasty, fresh and cheap.
With two maracuya caïpa your'e in heaven.
The place is also very nice , just by the river, too bad we were the only clients when we was there.

Thus restaurant must be known!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Having read the raving reviews in advance, I have to admit that I was rather disappointed by the food at this place - my Burrito struck me as average at best. Given the quality of the food I found the pricing rather ambitious. Loved the view over the river, though - in the end probably a better place for having some drinks (and maybe snacks) than a fully fledged dinner.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Ate at Burritos y Taquitos on a Sunday where most other restaurants are closed. The place is typically open till 10pm which is great as it allowed me to get back from my tour relax, change and then head out for dinner.

The restaurant was very simply decked out...a shame really as the terrace in the back overlooks the river and could be arrange and designed into something truly special.

I had chips (basically like a slightly denser version of lightly salted Doritos) which came with a selection of dips including guacamole, mashed up fried beans, chilli sauce and something that the waiter said was olives but tasted more like sweet peppers.

This was followed by the Burrito, I had a small portion which should fill up any individual. Unless you are known for eating super large portions, the small one should suffice.

The food tasted fine, with good portions and was filling. Starter + Burritos came to just shy of BRL 29.

Thank Gourmet Adventu... T
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We went on a very quiet night, only one other couple there, but had a very enjoyable meal. Sat outside with views of the city. Not expensive.