“Certificate of Excellence”

Add it.
Lounge & Teddies Grill Bar
Ranked #32 of 44 Restaurants in Cowbridge
Reviewed 17 August 2017

So this hotel has a "Certificate of Excellence", visiting it last week for a meal with a visitor to the area, I dread to think what my guest thought ot The Bear, I for one will certainly not visit the place again. I can understand Hotels, Bars and other public places allowing dogs in, I have done so myself on occasion, however when customers are allowed to let their animals sit on the seats I draw the line,that is disgusting behaviour and the management at the very least should have asked them to put their dog's on the floor, this is after all supposed to be a decent place to go for a meal.

2  Thank Samtan999

Reviewed 4 July 2016

Enjoyed a bar meal here when meeting up with friends for an overnight stay. Good service and food. Have been here several times and enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Dirty table and had to hint to get it cleaned. Ordered 3 coffee 20 minutes later still no coffee. Nothing against youngsters but sometimes without experienced staff they just don't get it. Shame as nice place come on managers sort it out

5  Thank Rod J
Reviewed 6 February 2016

stopped in for a few beers today...had a great draft IPA then decided on a bottled craft beer..a Pipes Bavarian wheat beer...it poured well but tasted like something I would put on my chips...I took it back to the bar and only then it was realised it had a sell by date of Oct 2015...no issues in changing the beer but then 4 months over the sell by date i wouldn't have expected anything different....Surely there should be processes in place for a company of this size to ensure this doesn't happen...really leads me to worry about the food...no real apology other than 'im sorry' quite disappointed really..

Reviewed 12 January 2015

I visited with my husband for an early evening meal, entered first bar area to be told that meals were only available in the second bar/restaurant area, we went to this area to be basically ignored by the 4 or 5 staff that were present.
We ordered drinks at the bar and were served by a particularly miserable young man, we found a table ourselves as no one appeared to be registering that we were awaiting some kind if service, the table was dirty although set up for dinner. Waited 20 minutes, still no one acknowledged us, at this point we finished up our drinks and left, still no staff paying any kind of attention to our presence. What an awful example of a friendly welcome in the town, what an earth must visitors to the area think if they get this treatment! Will not be returning, there are plenty of other places to eat and socialise in Cowbridge where you are welcomed and given the service you expect

7  Thank claire l