“Excellent brunch”

Verreys Cafe & Kitchen
Ranked #47 of 146 Restaurants in Broadstairs
Price range: USD 2 - USD 9
Description: Cafe with an emphasis on veggie vegan. Licensed and has a peaceful courtyard. Next to the last bank in town - Nationwide, two minutes walk up the High Street from the seafront
Reviewed 9 March 2017

We had a very lovely brunch. Great vegetation & vegan options. We had the bubble and squeak with poached egg - very tasty. Also really good coffee. Good friendly service.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Been a few times now and each time something isnt right. Staff to busy chatting to make drinks you ordered 10 mins previously. Items missing from overpriced orders.thought it was teething problems but this long open...

4  Thank poikjl
Reviewed 18 February 2017

Just got back and not eaten. The menu states american pancakes plural and bubble and squeak cakes plural. The pancakes was one massive pancake? The bubble and squeak cakes were suppose to be served with an egg. Order arrived and no egg, I asked if it should have an egg, choice of either poached or fried. The lady serving did attempt an apology and went to get an egg leaving my plate at the table. I checked the rest of the meal, a sausage and a pale looking bubble and squeak cake, it was already cold. So when I egg arrived I returned the whole meal and told her it was cold. She offered to cook another but at £6.50 I would have only been disappointed, hot or cold. AVOID!

1  Thank marmite1968
Reviewed 23 January 2017

A great find in Broadstairs for vegans and veggies. A nice range of breakfast and lunch items to be had! A fabulous selection of teas too. Owner was friendly and the waitress too. I wonder which rude staff member people have encountered because she was nowhere to be seen whilst I was there! Give it a go. I am going for vegan blueberry pancakes next time ;-)

1  Thank drumsgemma83
Reviewed 22 January 2017

Called here when first opened (had used it once a week when other owners were there) was so disappointed . Said we would never go back.Last week decided to give it another go. My husband is disabled and lady behind counter just stared at us didn't offer to help us. Ordered coffee when it came I asked for a glass of tap water got a stare and had to ask once more for it as it was forgotten(only wanted it for my husband to take tablets.) was going to eat but looked around and saw what small portions they serve for quite a expensive price.

1  Thank Cindy M