All reviews retail park westwood cross free breakfast rotisserie chicken bottled water air con small road booked directly no fuss rooms were very clean varied menu the loop recommend this hotel danish pastries minute drive good nights sleep definitely stay here again
Reviewed 25 August 2018

What I liked:

Comfy bed
Clean and tidy
Tea making facilities
Free WiFi
Modern TV
A bath with lashings of hot water
Free parking

Not so sure of:

One pillow per person
Room chilly and max heat 24 degrees
No heating in bathroom
Double glazing/sound insulation very poor - got up to close window and found it wasn't open!
Having to traipse through to the back of the restaurant with cases to wait for a staff member to notice us so we could check in
No heating at all in the bathroom

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Jay G, General Manager at Canterbury Bell Marstons Inns, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Hello installer69

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed certain aspects of your time with us, but I will address the concerns that you have. I'm sorry that it took a while for the staff on duty to notice your arrival and you disliked having to check in at the restaurant. Head Office made the decision to move reception over to the pub during day hours to give our guests the opportunity to experience our restaurant and what they have to offer. As I'm sure you were told on arrival, there is a member of staff available 24/7 and I apologise that you had issues with the aircon, but if you had notified a member of staff they would have been more than happy to assist you and provide you with extra pillows too. I will be looking into the issues you raised regarding the sound insulation was there shouldn't be that amount of noise entering your room, and I apologise that the bathrooms aren't heated.

Overall I apolgise for the issues you experience while staying with us and I hope that it doesn't put you off returning in the future

Reviewed 23 August 2018

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights, we were early for check in however we were more than welcome to enjoy a spot of lunch before hand. Apart from the eggs the other food was spectacular and all the staff were very friendly, kind and helpful. We stayed in room 111 and for a twin room it was very spacious and the air con came in very handy especially as how i cant sleep if its too warm. Anything we needed the staff were very happy to help. Great for location and perfect if you want a quiet drink in their bar also you can take drinks from the bar to your rooms and housekeeping will collect them next day if you forget to take it back yourself. I reccommend this place to anyone looking for a relaxing stress free holiday or break, I didn't want to leave!!! It's disabled friendly and you feel secure knowing there is always a memeber of staff on duty 24/7. Overall it's an excellent place to stay and i'll certainly be returning in the future. The room was very clean as was the entire establishment.

Room Tip: Some rooms on the ground floor have a wet room with full disability facilities available.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Laura B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a glowing review.
We are so thrilled that you had such an enjoyable experience! We take great pride in what we do here both in the hotel and restaurant. It makes my team and I delighted to hear we've made your stay a good one.

We look forward to welcoming you back again

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights.
The staff were very friendly. Reception for the hotel was in the restauarant.
The hotel room was spotless, coffee, tea and bottled water supplied. Lovely fresh fluffy towels.
Air conditioning in 33º heat great!
Overall really impressed. Hoping to go back ASAP.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Kazbhee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and a lovely one at that.
We're so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable time.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards
Jay

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Originally booked for two nights for family event in Broadstairs, but changed to stay for one when realising that you cannot check in after 11pm. The hotel is well located in Thanet, room 211 which we stayed in was a good size, clean and had working air con. The pub next door where the reception desk is located is reasonably priced and did a decent breakfast.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Jay G, General Manager at Canterbury Bell Marstons Inns, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Hello 409adams,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm sorry that you were under the impression that you can't check in after 11pm. The cut off for check in is 11am the following morning. The night porters are on site in the hotel from 11pm to 7am to tend to all of our guests until reception reopens in the pub at 7am. I'm truly sorry that this misinformation impacted your stay.

Other than that its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you again

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We wanted to visit Broadstairs for the day but given the heatwave we had been experiencing we decided to book a stay here. The air con did not disappoint & was perfect for a good night’s sleep.
Very clean room, bathroom & the double bed was comfy with the option of one or two pillows each.

Reception is in the pub across the road & staff were welcoming & pleasant. We also ate that evening in the restaurant which is typical pub grub but a wide selection to the menu. There’s a kiddy play area and patio area for seating.

We chose the £5.95 breakfast that gave you the option of a typical fry up, eggs Benedict or any eggs on toast including the continental options. The service was quick & tasty for the price.

Broadstairs seaside is a 10 mins drive so very close or the pub can help you book a cab.

Overall, a very pleasant stay for one night.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Jay G, General Manager at Canterbury Bell Marstons Inns, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Hi Chloe P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a glowing review. We are so pleased to hear you've had an enjoyable experience. The air con is defiantly a bonus in this gorgeous weather we've been having we're so glad to hear this helped you have a pleasant night sleep because of this.

We are very proud of our hotel and restaurant and we thrilled that you have enjoyed the whole lot.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards