“Bit of a mixed bag but some excellent”

L'Osteria In Strada
Price range: USD 4 - USD 9
Reviewed 24 July 2018

We saw the picture on here of the mixed meats and cheese with marmalade and couldnt resist trying it out.

Service was very strange - it seemed like hard work to order but in the end we had it confirmed that we had ordered the correct meat platter, a burger, some chips an a toasted mozzarella sandwich. What came was two bowls of chips and 2/3 seafood dishes, which we definitely didn't order! They seemed surprised and after running around trying to understand why we didnt want this food, they went off to cook what we did order, which came after a while. All in all quite a wait for what we assume was supposed to be 'fast food'...

The burger was fantastic, the chips were superb, the meat platter OK but the we definately didnt get the mozarella sandwich we ordered, even second time around and even after pointing at the english menu item we ordered. They just shrugged their shoulders and tried to make out it was what we ordered. But what we got were 3 round slices of mozzarella, with some anchovie paste deep fried in breadcrumbs, and was not nice at all.

Some real potential here - if you get lucky and get what you order...!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Good and well priced Italian food, also very pleasant service. Interior is couzy, there also nice place to sit outside.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We went here based on previous reviews. We ended up going back here two more times. Don't be fooled into thinking this is cheap street food. It is reasonably priced but the food is excellent. I have not bothered writing reviews for other places we went to but this was so good I had to. I got the Scott burger which is probably the best burger I have ever had (and I have had my share of burgers). We also got meatballs which were good too.

The lady who works there is very friendly and if I am ever near there again I am calling here. Do yourself a favour - make yourself hungry, head to this place, order a Scott burger with fries and enjoy people watching as you eat great food.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

The chips were nice but the burgers were poorly presented and not worth the money paid. We ordered chicken and got a seafood burger. The beef burger was very greasy. Definitely not worth the bother going there and too expensive for what you got.

1  Thank LMW3
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Interesting board menu.
Nice service and staff.
Got myself a polpo burger and yes it was good but not great, the bun resulted soaked and too soft. Overall was good tho.