Hotel Armonia(Pontedera)
USD 127
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Antico Borgo Da Nadia B & B(Santa Lucia)(Great Value!)
USD 69
B&B.it
USD 97
USD 83
HotelsClick
Il Viale Affittacamere-B&B(Pontedera)(Great Value!)
Albergo La Pace(Pontedera)
Orbitz.com
Il Piccolo Rooms(Pontedera)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for the last day of our holiday as we were flying out of nearby Pisa, the stay was excellent, accommodation was of a very high standard, we ate out so I cannot comment on the restaurant but it seemed very busy.

Breakfast was fresh and very tasty.

Staff were excellent

The hotel is in a quite and beautiful area, a real gem of a find.

Next time we will stay longer.

Thank you Massimo and staff.

PS, the wine that they produce in their vineyard is one of the best and I have been coming to Italy for 10 years.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2015

We booked the chianti apartment inside this resort and it was a good choice - which is highly recommended and it can even sleep 4 adults comfortably with 2 - 4 children (we were only 2 + 2). The owner of the resort Mr Brando is an extremely friendly person. He has a large vineyard with kilometres of grapes for chianti and pinot grigio and he also offers a free tour of his winery and also free wine tasting. His passion for wine is very clear and he spends lot of his personal time explaining the whole process and history - which is actually a great couple of hours spent touring his winery and tasting some great wines (5 of them actually).

The entire team of staff from front desk to the chef to the restaurant waitress and everyone we met - were very friendly with us and the children, so i would definitely go there again when I visit tuscany again.

The two issues i felt were that when we visited it was one of the hottest weeks and the aircon in the apartment was not as effective so it became muggy on some nights. the 2nd thing is that apartments are not serviced during your stay - i would have preferred towels to be changed at least once in 3 days. Although - in their defence, they make it very clear upfront, so there were no surprises.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed with my mom and a friend in Apartment Merlot at the end of June/beginning of July. The apartment was advertised as a two bedroom apartment, but they are not private bedrooms. The main bedroom is just off the large living/dining/kitchenette. The second bedroom is up a fun spiral staircase. When you reach the second level you are on another nice sized sitting area with a wardrobe and couch. This living area over looks the living area below. At the other end of the sitting area is a door that leads to the twin bedroom. The twin bedroom is also a loft that overlooks the main bedroom below. This allowed for no privacy, except in the bathroom. We were three ladies, so it wasn't a problem for us. But, if you are two couples it might pose a problem. There was a nice sized bathroom connected to the main bedroom downstairs. The shower was great because it was BIG! If you travel much in Europe, you may have experienced the small room/small shower. This place did not disappoint on size. Also the pillows and beds were comfortable, as was the sofa in both living areas.

We used this apartment as our base for visiting Florence, Pisa, and several Hill Towns. We had a car and there was ample parking. Getting to the different hill towns was sometimes just as enjoyable as visiting the town. The beauty of this area does not disappoint! If you don't like long drives (hour or more), then you might want to stay somewhere else. But if you are looking for a peaceful place with nice views, this place delivers. Even though we were there in summer, they were experiencing some cooler temps (more so than I've ever experienced in summer in Italy!) We tried the pool one night, but it was just too cold. Instead we enjoyed sitting by the pool relaxing and reading. The next night we were able to take a swim. The pool is very nice.

There are several things that need improvement though. There was an a/c in each room, but a couple of them didn't really work very well (the two upstairs). There was also free wifi, you have to get a different login/password for each device. Sometimes it was a bit dodgy, which was annoying. We had a hard time getting Skype to work, which caused us to have to spend money calling my father each night. The biggest problem we had, though, was the kitchen. We booked an apartment because we like to save money by doing some meals on our own. We did have dinner and breakfast each night, but there was much improvising. There was no toaster or oven. We fully understand no oven, but it would have been nice to have a toaster. There was also no skillet! We had stopped in Pisa for groceries before getting to the apartment and then didn't have anything to make our chicken and pork in! I ended up purchasing a griddle at the Coop. Luckily we were able to transport it home. The fridge was small, which we expected, but it was full of drinks/candy/wine that we could purchase. We removed it all and stored it in one of the cabinets so we could make room for our groceries. Adding just a few pieces to the kitchen would make all the difference. My mom was disappointed in the lack of an iron/ironing board. But again, we adapted.

Maybe it was because we were in a hurry to get our perishable groceries up when our room wasn't ready, I don't know, but we neglected to get directions for check out. By the time we remembered, it was late the night before and no one was available. We didn't pay the city tax (he also didn't collect the deposit) or the final cleaning fee. It wasn't until about 1 1/2 weeks (when back in the US) that I got an email requesting the fees be paid. In addition to not paying, we didn't know how to leave the apartment or where to leave the key. We left very early, before 6:00 a.m. because we were driving down to Sorrento. We ended up leaving the key in the door and taking the trash out to the only trash dumpster we could find. I finally got the additional fees paid after about 2 more weeks of back and forth getting all the information for wire transfers. And to be honest, I never did get the name of the bank. But luckily I was able to the bank name after googling the BIC number.

All in all, we did like the apartment, location, and grounds. And a plus was the beautiful vineyard and the sunflower fields at the bottom of the road. I would definitely consider Le Sodole again, but I would be more proactive in correcting the issues we did experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I found this resort last year on TA and was attracted by the vineyard, restaurant, golf and accommodation all on the same site. We usually stay in hotels, so an apartment was a bit of a change for us. The price was very favorable, and we were able to secure a 2 bed 2 bath apartment for 4 nights for the 4 of us.
We pondered whether to hire a car, but as we all enjoy wine, decided against it.
The resort is about a 20 minute drive from Pisa airport, and we arranged a transfer which cost 60 euros. The resort is quite close to the main road between Livorno and Florence, but we were not disturbed by traffic noise at all. You can hardly hear it.
Upon arrival we were greeted efficiently by Massiomo and shown our apartment. The apartment is quite new, and was very clean and functional. We had everything we needed. Rustic and Italian more than luxurious, but very fair for the price we paid. We had a wonderful view out over the grounds from our bedroom.
We had made no lunch arrangements, as I assumed we would be able to utilise the resort restaurant. However, the restaurant apparently does not usually open at lunchtime.
Massimo kindly arranged for a meat, cheese and bread lunch to be prepared immediately. Gratefully received with numerous bottles of wine.
That evening we had booked to eat at a nearby restaurant, which was a little too far to walk. Massimo kindly arranged for Paulo to drive us there and collect us in the bosses car !
On Friday evening, the vineyard owner Brando, kindly provided us with a wine tasting, which was interesting and informative. They try very hard to only use local produce in their restaurant. The wine is not high end, but reasonably priced and enjoyable. The weather was wonderful, and we were able to sit out and enjoy the grounds and tranquility. There were other people staying, but there is so much space that you hardly notice.
Brando told us that there was a cellar tasting on the Sunday that we ought to try. Our men went along on Sunday, and we were left to enjoy the sun by the pool. It turned out to be some sort of annual gala of local produce, and the men had a great time. They returned bearing all sorts of interesting cheese, ham and wine, that we enjoyed for lunch. Apparently this is always held on the last Sunday of May. The bread knife in the kitchen is not sharp, so we had all sorts of strange shaped slices of bread :-)
During our stay we went to Florence by train, which was no problem at all. Just took a taxi to the local station.
We had a great weekend, and the one drawback for us was having to preempt meals. Breakfast was 8 euros, and you had to order it the day before. On Sunday we thought we might have wanted lunch, but there was already a reception booked in the restaurant. I can understand why this is required in an apartment complex, and everyone there moves at a different pace to what we're used to in London. We are organised - just not THAT organised.
No problem if you have your own vehicle of course.
Overall we had a fantastic time. I would recommend this accommodation providing you realise that it's not a hotel, and the price reflects the facilities you receive. We were lucky that the weather was so good, as the grounds are lovely and we literally had the pool to ourselves. Yes, it was a bit chilly !
One of the best activities we did during our holiday, was cycle around the city walls at Lucca, so make sure that's on your itinerary !

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for five nights while touring round Tuscany.

We stayed in the apartment named Villa Sole. It was simply wonderful. The apartment had a lovely bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom. The windows opened to stunning views.

The television had several UK channels including BBC World, CNN and Sky News. The wifi, was very strong and I never encountered any issues with speed.

The resort featured vineyards, golf course, a lovely pool, gym and restaurant. The whole resort is of a very high standard and spotlessly clean. As it is set back from the main road, it is very peaceful and relaxing.

I only ate at the restaurant once and it was very tasty and again of a very high standard.

The staff were really helpful and friendly. They all endeavoured to make our stay as lovely as possible.

I will definitely return if I visit Tuscany again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple