We spent 2 weeks in Italy and our 4 nights at Banfi were definitely the highlight of our trip as we never wanted to leave. This is a fantastic property, with amazing, personalized service by all of the staff. The grounds are great and the views are awesome-from sunrise to sunset! we had a suite with a private coutyard, which was fantastic. The breakfast were the best we had in our 2 weeks. Eggs and omelettes were made to order- not the typical eggs in a chafing dish. We looked forward to our morning cappucino, which was hand decorated by Francesca, our fantastic waitress while we decided on our daily activities. The weather was fantastic and it was still warm enough to sit at the beautiful pool area. We had one meal in the Banfi restaurant which was quite good, with excellent Banfi wines, of course. We took the Banfi wine tour and really enjoyed this fantastic, and large, winery-and of course the tastings were terrific. The is definitely a first class destination and is worth treating yourself to if you are in the Montalcino area.
Rome was great and Venice was fun, but Banfi was the best part of the trip!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Wine Resort in the famous Brunello di Montalcino Wine Region-Extraordinary Countryside Tuscan Experience-Nestled against a Medieval Castle located in the middle of a privately owned 7100 acres Nice&professional staff very knowledgeable of the best attractions of the area-Extremely large bedrooms and bathrooms, both with great views-Very Exclusive Property consisting of only 2 Deluxe Rooms and 12 Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au and Odigeo so you can book your Castello Banfi - Il Borgo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Banfi - Il Borgo Hotel Montalcino
- Castello Banfi Il Borgo Montalcino