Open today: 9:00 am - 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Excellent wine & lunch

Beautiful property with excellent wines. The 2001 Poggio reserva was especially good. We had a... read more

Reviewed 9 October 2018
342justink
Indianapolis, Indiana
via mobile
Absolutely Amazing!

Beautiful property and such amazing people! We felt so welcomed and the wines were fantastic. A... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 25 February 2018
AdventureBear6
Los Angeles, California

All reviews estate grown organic farming beautiful property wine tasting excellent wine tasting room poggio brunello lunch winery tuscany insight reservation drinking appointment
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I live in Siena and I know Brunello very well. I brought my American girlfriend here and she loved it! It was an incredible and unique experience for both of us. She got to see how one of the best wines in the world is made and she'll have an amazing memory of Tuscany for the rest of her life. It was very interesting for me as well. Since I was born and grew up in Siena, I thought that I already knew the wine making process, but I saw and learned many new things I didn't know. Definitely a place worth visiting and a wine worth drinking!!! Absolutely our favorite

Kamil and Kristin

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Our tasting at Col D'Orcia featured several great wines covering a wide range of vintages. Their library of old vintages is truly a treat and illustrates how their wines will age. The Col D'Orcia staff were knowledgeable and friendly. A great inclusion into your tasting itinerary in Montalcino.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Our guide was a beautiful and knowledgeable young lady who took us on a tour of the winery. It is a very old and established winery and the history of the wines made here was an enjoyable part of the tour.

The tastings were very affordable and provide a great sampling of the various wines produced on the estate.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 19 November 2016

We visited estate last week. Had a private tour of the cellar. Guide was a young lady that informed us with a lot of interesting information about the estate, philosophy and the area. Beautiful place and surrounding. We tasted 5 wines, all of them were great! Riserva 01 was perfect!
One more great thing is that they keep a lots of old vintages that can be purchased with the fair price at the estate + great olive oil.
If you are in Montalcino, you will not regret if you spent an hour or two at the estate.

Date of experience: November 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 8 November 2016

Col d'Orcia produces some of Tuscany's finest wines, so a visit to this beautiful winery in the heart of Montalcino was a must during our stay at Il Borro in Arezzo. We have always been fans of Brunello di Montalcino and the opportunity to taste this wine was greatly anticipated. All the wines from Col d'Orcia lived up to our every expectation. We highly recommend making a reservation at this historic winery. We were welcomed so warmly, and every minute we spent at Col d'Orcia was memorable.

Date of experience: November 2016