“Little gem near Banfi Vineyard”
Review of Caffe Sant'Angelo

Caffe Sant'Angelo
Ranked #3 of 78 Restaurants in Montalcino
Price range: USD 18 - USD 29
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2015

Great stop off while on the road through Tuscany. We seemed to be the only tourists which was a good sign to us. Owner had minimal English but we figured out the menu together. Food was local, fresh and tasty.

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Now here is the deal, you often see something like this "best restaurant in Italy" or "best food I had in Italy". First, you aren't going to have the best food in Italy in a dive, unprofessional, owner running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Second, this guy is just rude, he gave me a very bad image of Italians. Maybe it was my American accent, I don't know. I am a very easy going, easily pleased, highly toll arrant to rude people person. This guy I tell you is RUDE and unfriendly. I say if you have an option, go elsewhere. And you have many other options in Montalcino. Or if you feel like having a great experience and treated like a royalty, just down the road go to Castello Banfi. Beware you will pay, but it's well worth it. Great food and excellent Brunello. Stay away from this restaurant if you are an American. No body needs to feel this unwelcomed in an establishment.

6  Thank Oğuzhan L
Reviewed 6 July 2015

Friends texted us this address and said meet us there. We arrived and wondered if they had made a mistake. The cafe is only just a cafe, hard to see it clearly as we pulled up, a brick fence, a tree and few plastic chairs and tables. Waiting in the street for our friends to arrived we suddenly realised the empty cafe was nearly full. Taking a table on the side patio next to lush lavender buzzing with bees we waited for friends and service. Do not be in a rush here. This is part of the experience. Friends and waiter arrived, drinks served.... menu is hand written daily depending on produce. The prices are very reasonable, main courses from 8 to 10 euro! Every morsel of our meals was a taste experience. You know it is good when you don't want to take that last mouthful. And so it was.... one of the highlights of our week with friends in Tuscany. So much so on our last full day we drove back through stunning scenery to have our last lunch. We were not disappointed, once again the hand written menu, the same table, the same smiling waiter. Don't go there if you're in a hurry, go with the pace.

3  Thank dianne01K
Reviewed 15 June 2015

Small and quaint Osteria owned by a couple who operate it double-handed and offer a slow 4-course meal of fabulous Tuscan dishes.

Reviewed 28 April 2015

Small authentic Italian restaurant with great staff and chef. I am returning August 2015 and will definitely have my birthday meal here!