My wife and I planned a 30th wedding anniversary trip through Italy in 2014 but we never made it. Instead, we delayed the trip until October, 2017.
Because we're Andrew Harper and we love to travel we spent a good amount of time researching hotels. Many of you look at these reviews and use them to make an informed choice. I hope my comments help. We've been to some of the best hotels in the world and the Gran Tremezzo is one of them.
We had contacted Valentina, Cristina, Davide, Francesco and Silvio all in advance of our trip. They were outstanding in helping us plan a relaxing and welcome visit to Lake Como. It was apparent from the moment we arrived that they took special care of us--from arranging dinners, to the welcome Prosecco in the room, to suggesting some great local hikes.
The location of Gran Tremezzo is great. We hiked up the mountain behind the hotel on 2 different days. Each time we came back to the pool side bar for relaxing drinks. In the evening the staff suggested some "secret local" restaurants across the lake in Bellagio or an easy stroll down the road.
We're not spa people however, we booked a spa treatment anyway. It was professional, easy, comfortable, refreshing and I highly recommend it.
The breakfast at Gran Tremezzo is the best buffet I've ever seen at any location in the world. There were treats there that I had never tasted before. It was all fresh and never crowded. The staff were attentive and prompt.
This is a great hotel experience for any traveler. I highly recommend it.
Michael and Denise Hallisey
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be part of the next century of Lake Como tradition and take in the stunning lake views at the iconic Grand Hotel Tremezzo. This art nouveau landmark, which sits adjacent to Villa Carlotta's famed gardens, just marked its 100th anniversary. In celebration, it joined forces with Maestro Gualtiero Marchesi, an icon of the Italian culinary world; taste his haute cuisine on La Terrazza's lovely terrace or in one of its 5 upscale dining venues. Its unique lakeside positioning offers unparalleled views of Bellagio, the Riviera delle Azalee and the stunning Grigne mountains. With its 100 windows overlooking either the blue waters of the lake or the flowering greenery of the garden, the hotel offers 76 elegant rooms and 12 splendid suites. Don't miss to experience the ultra-luxe new Rooftop Suites with panoramic views from terraces and outdoor Jacuzzis - A "must stay" in Lake Como. Other delectable delights: the luxurious and panoramic T Spa, offering exclusive ESPA treatments, the super private T Spa Suite, three pools - including one that floats on the lake! - And a private beach, private tours in the hotel's period Venetian motor launch, and over 5 acres of lush secular park incorporating a panoramic path, a floodlit clay tennis court, fitness and sauna. Other signature features conjure up to the unique appeal of this family-owned property, benefiting of a strategic location that blends exclusivity and proximity: Milan with its boutiques and nightlife is only 1-hour driving distance. Boasting over a century of ageless allure and traditions, the Grand Hotel Tremezzo is today a vintage symbol of Italian hospitality and a place-to-be to enjoy the flavor of real vacation. Discover a world of temptations and the unique atmosphere you'll only find at Tremezzo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Tremezzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Palace
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Tremezzina, Lake Como, Italy