My wife and I stayed for three nights at the Grand Hotel Tremezzo as part of a trip through the Northern Italian Lakes region to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Wow!The hotel is even more beautiful in person than in the photos. The location is perfect - a short ferry ride from Bellagio and Varenna, but quieter and more private than either. You are literally steps away from Villa Carlotta and about 10 mins by car from the beautiful Villa Balbanielli.
It's not inexpensive, by any stretch, and we splurged for the corner lake view room, but it was well worth it. The views off our balcony were to die for, and the room was one of the most comfortable ever. Staff is friendly and professional, almost springing into action to help you out with reservations, directions, etc. We felt pampered and cared for.
The spa is amazing - make sure to carve out time to spend some time there - and the bar makes a mean Vesper martini. The grounds behind the hotel are stunning; we hiked up to see the "teddy bear" views from high above the hotel and the effort was well worth it. The pools and tennis court were wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be part of the next century of Lake Como tradition and take in the stunning lake views at the iconic Grand Hotel Tremezzo. This art nouveau landmark, which sits adjacent to Villa Carlotta's famed gardens, just marked its 100th anniversary. In celebration, it joined forces with Maestro Gualtiero Marchesi, an icon of the Italian culinary world; taste his haute cuisine on La Terrazza's lovely terrace or in one of its 5 upscale dining venues. Its unique lakeside positioning offers unparalleled views of Bellagio, the Riviera delle Azalee and the stunning Grigne mountains. With its 100 windows overlooking either the blue waters of the lake or the flowering greenery of the garden, the hotel offers 76 elegant rooms and 12 splendid suites. Don't miss to experience the ultra-luxe new Rooftop Suites with panoramic views from terraces and outdoor Jacuzzis - A "must stay" in Lake Como. Other delectable delights: the luxurious and panoramic T Spa, offering exclusive ESPA treatments, the super private T Spa Suite, three pools - including one that floats on the lake! - And a private beach, private tours in the hotel's period Venetian motor launch, and over 5 acres of lush secular park incorporating a panoramic path, a floodlit clay tennis court, fitness and sauna. Other signature features conjure up to the unique appeal of this family-owned property, benefiting of a strategic location that blends exclusivity and proximity: Milan with its boutiques and nightlife is only 1-hour driving distance. Boasting over a century of ageless allure and traditions, the Grand Hotel Tremezzo is today a vintage symbol of Italian hospitality and a place-to-be to enjoy the flavor of real vacation. Discover a world of temptations and the unique atmosphere you'll only find at Tremezzo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Tremezzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Palace
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Tremezzina, Lake Como, Italy