“Fabulous restaurant & hotel on Amalfi Coast!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel La Conca Azzurra

and 1 more site!
Hotel La Conca Azzurra
Carrollton, GA
“Fabulous restaurant & hotel on Amalfi Coast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My friends and I happened upon this lovely place on the ocean cliffs, having seen the sign "Allere Art Shop Cafe." It felt like coming home! Salvatore, the owner, greeted us with open arms into his beautiful bright gift shop with restaurant and hotel below. It was a slow night, but he kept the chef there just for us! After we'd finished shopping upstairs - buying their lemon olive oil made from their own vineyards!, etc. - he took us downstairs for dinner. I had linguine w' clams, which was so fresh it tasted as if it had sea water in it. It did! They keep the clams alive in the water, then cook them in some of it. It doesn't get much fresher than that! Salvatore played a beautiful opera cd & regaled us, singing along with the tape & translating the romantic, poignant lyrics. We could have been there all night!

We brought the rest of our crew there a few days later & Salvatore welcomed us back as his friends, treating us to proseci & wonderful d'oeuvres. We feasted upon crispy succulent seabass grilled to perfection, along with grilled artichokes - heaven! He showed us the gorgeous hotel rooms & we wished we were staying there...next time! Sadly we said goodbye, but now we have a "home" to return to! I can't say enough good things about this place.

P.S. I brought the olive oil back safely in my suitcase & was going to demo it to a friend with an artisanal takeout cafe, who was going to give me tips on importing it. Then, before I could do so, I accidentally broke the bottle!! Aargh! I salvaged a tiny bit, but not enough. So I DEFINITELY have to go back for more!

If you go, say hello from Susan! (Atlanta area)

2 Thank Susan H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Hebrew first
Andover
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

My wife and I have just got back from a 7 day stay at this delightful hotel. We fully concur with all the positive comments from other guests. Salvatore, the owner / manager has got a first rate team working with him, but he continues to work at it to make sure he gets it right. It was our 47th wedding anniversary during the stay and it was made all the more special by the welcome and service we received.
We would advise any guests arriving by car, unless they are very used to driving the Amalfi coast road, to leave the car at the hotel and use the local buses. You will appreciate the scenery so much more and not have a very nervous passenger alongside you!

Room Tip: All the rooms have sea views, but some have the canopy of olive trees slightly obscuring the full pa...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PRM42
Maidenhead
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I have just returned from five days at this lovely hotel. On arrival, we were shown to our room-a junior suite which we had not expected- with a fabulous sea view. We were welcomed with coffee, much appreciated after our early start.
The staff were all extremely helpful- nothing was too much trouble. Food was plentiful, though I would have preferred fewer cakes on the breakfast menu and a wider choice of fruit.
The Amalfi coast relies on fine weather to enjoy it at its best. We were blessed with this for one day only so the rest of the week was spent on the bus, travelling to Sorrento, Salerno and Positano. The coast road is a very challenging drive, but parking is well nigh impossible, as we had discovered on a previous visit; hence our decision to use the bus.
We would not hesitate to recommend the hotel, but later in the year is probably advisable, when you can enjoy the beach as well.

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view so you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anne C
st, paul, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Tucked along the Amalfi Coast is an amazing hotel that deserves each of its four stars and more. La Conca Azzura offers splendid views, incredible hospitality, and Italian generosity of spirit. Every room is beautifully appointed and crowned with a balcony overlooking the endless sea. What peace and beauty I found here! The panoramic vistas of the water, coast, and sky and are visible from each room and from the restaurant and gift shop. But it's not just the views that drew me to this slice of heaven. The food is well-prepared, aesthetically presented, and typical of the region. You can choose from bountiful seafood or land offerings. And, there's the divine lemon olive oil to sample in the gift shop or at the dining table. It's so fresh and perfectly proportioned in grinding just the right amount of lemon rind with olives that I was tempted to indulge in lemon olive oil for dessert! It's that good! On the main level you'll find a lovely gift shop with beautiful ceramics, jewelry, olive oils and the ubiquitous limoncello. Presiding over the entire complex is the genial, enthusiastic, witty, and charming Salvatore. Never in all my years of traveling and dining have I met such an enthusiastic and friendly host! With one of the best locations on the coast, Salvatore has a personality as expansive as the azure sea. The entire time I spent at La Conca Azzura can best be summed up in one word: magical. At night, the stars and villages twinkle on the horizon, Italian music plays softly in the background, and the vast and impenetrable sea and sky are at your fingertips. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask. Everyone here is determined to make your stay as wonderful as possible.
4 Thank cjmsp
concaazzurra, Direttore at Hotel La Conca Azzurra, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
thank you very much. It has been emotioning for me
to read such beautiful words. you 'll always be wellcomed here. faithfully Salvatore.
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

You will not be disappointed. The views are breathtaking. The rooms are spotless with all the amenities one would need. You can sit on your own private veranda. Prices are reasonable. We travelled on the off season which I highly recommend. The owner, Salvatore, is gracious and welcoming. Shopping can be found on sight with a wide variety of ceramics, olive oils, books, etc... The dining experience was top notch with beautiful views of the Mediterrean Sea. This family owned business makes their own lemon olive oil which is fantastic. Treat yourself to an experience of a life time.

2 Thank Gail W
concaazzurra, Direttore at Hotel La Conca Azzurra, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
thank you very much. It has been emotioning for me
to read such beautiful words
Salvatore
Hotel Onda Verde
#4 of 20 in Praiano
3.8 km away
Albergo L'Antico Convitto

Been to Hotel La Conca Azzurra? Share your experiences!