All reviews sister hotel lasagna rooftop pool our honeymoon coastal road amalfi coast shuttle bus hire car boutique hotel lamb chops bottle of champagne walk into town booked a junior suite small hotel walk in shower my wife and i have just huge bed
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed here with friends on our first visit to the Amalfi Coast. The staff could not have done more to make our stay more pleasurable. Alfredo, Francesco and Luca really did go the extra mile along with the service staff. The views from the hotel are breathtaking and the pool, a very inviting spot. We also loved the local town where we had many great dinners. I work in executive hospitality management and found that they did everything just right for us. Would highly recommend and look forward to returning soon.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2018

This is an absolutely lovely little hotel with breath taking views.It was fantastic waking up in the morning to see the ships sailing in.Its very close to the town with plenty of great eating places. The town itself is very cute with some very nice ceramic stores.
The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and courteous. Rosaria checked us in and was very helpful offering suggestions and finally making all the arrangements for our trip to Capri. Francesco , who unfortunately I never met , answered all my emails regarding car rentals very promptly.
The waiters as well were excellent. The entire staff made us feel very welcome. Would love to come back here any day

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room - we were in 216, 218 and 219
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

First of all, I was skeptical about this hotel due to the largely divided reviews on TripAdvisor and elsewhere, even wondering if the glowing reviews were genuine, so let me add some perspective here. We checked in to this hotel last week, albeit with somewhat lowered expectations from the previous negative reviews, and stayed for 5 days, which is enough time for a balanced review, I think, so here goes: 1) hotel and grounds: immaculately clean and modern, without any of the tired exterior facade as described by other reviewers. Obviously, the hotel must have refurbished it.
2) room: I had booked a deluxe room with sea views. We were shown a room with”partial” sea views since it was somewhat blocked by some trees but it really wasn’t as bad as described by some people here. We loved the bright room (room 216),enjoyed our evenings on the balcony sipping wine (some mozzies, cos it’s summer, so keep the door closed and arm yourself with mozzie spray). The only glitch is the blinds by the glass window separating the bathroom and room couldn’t be lifted but it didn’t bother us. Also, none of that nasty odour or mold as described by some reviewers. Our rooms were spotlessly cleaned by the chambermaids everyday. The Aircon worked really well, but sounded like it was due for servicing. Still, it was a tiny issue. I’m nitpicking here. We couldn’t figure out the “do not disturb” button but didn’t bother cos we were mostly out. I’m sure if you asked the staff, they’d be more than happy to assist. Bed was comfy and (not too) firm, and we slept really well here.
3) breakfast: Best breakfast we’ve had in Italy. We have been to quite a few Italian hotels/B&Bs during our annual 3-week summer road trips to Italy the past few years, and i just couldn’t deal with sweet Italian cakes for brekky. I finally got my scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon and sautéed assorted mushrooms. Delicious! And did I mention bacon? Of course, there are sweet Italian cakes, yogurt, cereal, ham, cheeses, etc. quite a spread! And no, we didn’t have to pay for any of the 4 types of juices as claimed by a reviewer. The cappuccinos and americanos were excellent too.
4) restaurant: admittedly, we are not huge fans of seafood, which is on every menu in the Amalfi Coast and Puglia where we travelled from, so imagine our delight when we saw the honey and balsamic steak on the menu. STEAK. Obviously, steak is the neglected child on the seafood focused menus, and for 22euros, we had a humongous slab shared between the two of us on 3 evenings. We did head out to Vietri town to eat at the top reviewed restaurants but decided the hotel food wasn’t that bad so we had 3 dinners here. I thought it was reasonably priced too.
5) service: one word: excellent. The few 5* hotels we stayed in previously provided “top notch” service but they have always felt impersonal, which is why we prefer service rendered by B&B hosts, which may be somewhat rough on the edges but oh so personal and welcoming. We loved the staff at the Relais Paradiso. They may not all be as polished as some of the staff we met at other hotels, but carry with them an Ernest and sincere attitude, with a personal touch. Eg: one morning, the staff who brought us our rented cabrio decided to put the roof down, because, like he exclaims with a wide grin, it was too beautiful a morning not to drive with the top down. You know what? He was absolutely right. :) Also, when we went hiking one morning and had to miss breakfast at the hotel, they brought us coffees before we headed out. These are the little touches that made a difference to us.
6) shuttle bus service: pre-booking is necessary, but once, when the schedule was full, the recept went about arranging for additional trips to and from town, if we could head out a little later. We appreciate the gesture.

Overall, sure, the hotel is not perfect, as with the rest of Italy (or life), but we’ve had such a lovely stay with them, I felt compelled to write this long review to thank the staff for everything they have done for us. We will definitely stay here again when we come back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have been here for 9 days on our honeymoon and I can honestly say this hotel really topped off what has already been an amazing journey.
Firstly, not enough can be said about the team who work there. They are ALL just incredible! Literally everybody was super attentive, friendly and just really made our stay truly memorable. From personalised notes on arrival, to being super attentive, hard working, friendly and helpful at all times. The team there are really who make Paradiso Releais what it is. Luca, Francesca, Mauro, Antonio, Rosaria- Grazie mille. Thank you for making our stay memorable.

The hotel itself has amazing views of the coast, rooms were spotless and were serviced (as we later discovered) twice a day- once in the morning and they do another pass in the evening just to make sure.

You can walk to the beach if you wish, there is a path down the hill, it is quite steep but doable in about 10-15 mins.
If you don’t have use of a car, there is a bus stop just opposite the hotel gates in both directions.

We had use of a car, but did walk to dinner a few times, the roads are very narrow and can be dark in some places at night, I would suggest a torch of some sort- or perhaps using the light from your mobile phone in places.

I guess my only gripe about this place would be the mosquitos who apparently loved me, if you are like me and know mosquitos are fond of you, I would suggest bringing some anti bite/anti bug spray.

Other than that, it’s an amazing place and I can’t wait to come back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

After being in Tuscany, Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalfi I landed here for the last few days of my vacation with the goal of just relaxing. And wow! The room, amenities and most importantly the staff made me feel welcome and took care of all my needs. A massage in my room for one and just being able to relax make this hotel a must return for me. And I promise I will be back. The hotel is indeed 5 star and don’t let what others have to say about the quality change your mind. This is indeed luxury. Grazie to the staff for taking care of me.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
StaffRagostaHotels, Responsabile reception at Relais Paradiso, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Guest,
we are so glad to hear all your enthusiasm in your feedback for you perfect vacation. Thank you for your approval about the facilities in the hotel, and mostly for the staff, for which it is a pleasure could take care of our guests. We are looking forward to welcome you again to Paradiso Relais.