I have just returned from a week at this hotel and can totally recommend it.
I was a little concerned initially as the rooms looked a little 'colourful' shall we say but I soon felt at home.
I always think a measure of a hotel is how they deal with issues and this was displayed from the beginning. Unfortunately there had been a burst pipe incident so we could not stay in our chosen room (Bosporus suite) for the first night but had to stay in the Ontas suite. Vangelis was very apologetic and prepared to compensate us for this disappointment. As we had only booked room only we agreed to be upgraded to B&B which I am very glad we did. It was lovely.
The Location is amazing - right next to the palace and very quiet as cars are not allowed in most of the old town.
Vangelis was always really helpful and welcoming. He tried to accommodate anything including finding red wine in the kitchen for me to relax with in the late evening. His English is excellent. He also let me check in for my return flights on his computer and printed the boarding passes which if you have been to Rhodes airport will know is a great help. He also allowed us to keep our packed cases in the bedroom on our last day as no-one was using it and we could continue to use the safe. This was excellent as we did not fly out till 19:30.
Leonora serves your breakfast and she is lovely. Always happy to have a chat and recommend travel options. Breakfast is taken on the patio and she is always prepared to accomodate requests such as egg on toast. We were never rushed. Vangelis was always on hand to adjust the tables to ensure we could sit in the shade.
Things you need to know-
1) Wifi excellent. We face-timed and streamed Netflix regularly with no buffering.
2) As you can see from the photos the hotel is up steep steps and there are also steps inside
3) The Ontas suite has 3 steps from the bedroom to the bathroom so be aware (this makes it difficult for me with my poor eyesight)
4) Beds in both Ontas and Bosporus were large and extremely comfortable.
5) The Bosporus has windows which look out on three aspects and the room is light and spacious. There is limited curtain cover in the bedroom/bathroom so beware if you like a dark room.
6) Ontas is downstairs next to reception. It is a much darker smaller room.
7) The reception is not 24 hours but Vangelis will be there if you tell him when you expect to arrive. He is normally there in the morning and evening.
8) The best restaurants in old Rhodes town are located around the corner. They are mush better than the restaurants in the square nearer the harbour. Vangelis recommended Mama Sofia's and Lindos garden ( for a roof top view). I did try others but none matched them, they were lovely.
9) The rooms are quirky so if you like modern rooms this may not be the place for you.
10) Bosporus has tea making facilities, Ontas does not.
11) There isn't a stand up shower in either room but the bath is large and has a large shower head that can be used standing up.
12) You can't get a taxi directly to the hotel as Taxis won't drive into this part of the old town but it is only a short walk from the nearest town gate.
13) Air conditioning works well.
This hotel felt like a real home from home and the staff made it really welcoming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of Medieval Town of Rhodes, and just a few steps from the Great Magistro’s Palace, and the Knight’s street, you will meet the brand new “Nikos Takis Fashion Hotel”, which was recently created by the well known fashion designers Nikos and Takis. Every single corner in this hotel reflects a great oriental atmosphere with bright colours, and of course all the modern facilities that make it the perfect choice for a short or even longer stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au and Cancelon so you can book your Nikos Takis Fashion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Nikos Takis Fashion Boutique
- Nikos Takis Fashion Hotel Rhodes, Greece