All reviews welcome basket home away from home van gogh picasso room toulouse lautrec pretty street old town famous artists small wine bar small kitchen boutique hotel fluffy towels stayed two nights restaurants and shopping restaurant recommendations greek breakfast quiet street
Reviewed 27 March 2018

To be very honest, this is the first review ever that I am writing.
So that I am taking the time now to write about my "holiday experience" says it all.
Ladies and gentlemen: this place is absolutely amazing!!!

Upon arrival the owner Christos was waiting for me in the lobby, he was so kind to offer me a glass of wine in the garden.
The B&B has a beautiful wine garden where you can sit at night and just relax.

He took the time to tell me more about the island Rhodes in general.
Well, I can say, I traveled a lot in my life, but I never, seriously never felt so home from the first minute.

After a very nice glass of wine, he brought me to the first floor to show me my room.
As a big Monet fan, I could appreciate this special touch even more.
The style, the furniture, the setting, I was as said in the title: impressed!
The rooms are very spacious en the bathroom has everything to have a relaxing shower after a long flight. There was even a kitchenette.

Rhodes is an amazing island and Casa Antica is located in a great spot close to everything in the center. A small narrow street full with Greek charm.

I can really recommend this B&B to everybody.
The owners are so friendly and helpful that upon your departure you want to reserve your room again for the next season.

And regarding the cleaning: spotless!

So everybody that wants to visit a beautiful island and at the same time experience the true "home feeling", don't hesitate, stop looking further: you found your perfect accommodation: CASA ANTICA!!!!!

Dear Christos and family: thank you for making me feel home!
I look forward to see you all again on my next visit to the island of the sun!

Regards Inne from Belgium

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Inne V
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Casa Antica for 4 days in early November. Although the neighbourhood North of the Old Town is rather modern and lively, this ancient house is situated in a charming pedestrian street away from the noise, 5 minutes on foot from the beach and 15 minutes from the nearest Old Town gate.
We were welcomed by our friendly host, who gave us useful tips about the city and stayed in touch with us throughout our stay for any additional advice we needed, restaurant recommendations etc. On my birthday I even got a complimentary bottle of wine and a wishes card, a lovely gesture.
Our Klimt-themed room was spacious and nice, with a supercomfortable bed (a rarity in a rented apartment!), sofa, armchairs, TV and air-conditioning (used for warming up as nights tend to be chilly at this season). Good strong WiFi. There was also a practical kitchen corner with a choice of breakfast goodies and a small terrace. The house has a pleasant common patio downstairs, although we didn't use it much as the city has so much to offer! As for parking, there's a single reserved space (first come, first served) in a nearby street.
The only downside for us was the shower room - a bit on the smaller side, with water from the shower flooding the floor, which was unavoidable as the cabin was tiny and unprotected by a curtain. Also supplies of hot water seemed quite scarce, both in mornings and evenings, even if not all the rooms were occupied.
Otherwise this place is charming and hospitable and we would gladly come back to give it a 5-star rating next time.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2017

A lovely place tucked away in central Rhodes town. Cafes, restaurants, beaches and stunning Rhodes old town are all within walking distance. On arrival we received a warm welcome from Christos and an upgrade to a larger suite - Van Gogh. The house has been lovingly restored and we particularly liked the terrace garden. The rooms are well equipped, clean and Barbara is a super housekeeper, very friendly and has a winning smile! All in all a great stay - thank you.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Very clean hotel with beautiful high ceiling rooms. The beds are super and the linen smell of cleanliness!They do not offer breakfast but they include the basics of a make do breakfast for free. They also provide a discount card to get a decent, hot, breakfast at a nearby place called "Koukos" (3 mins walking distance). The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The small paved garden doubles up as a wine bar from 7pm to 12am if you do not feel like searching for a cool place to enjoy a glass of wine. Our only problem was that the room we stayed at (Toulouse-Lautrec), was facing the small boulevard adjacent to the hotel, so it was a little bit noisy. Noisy from happy, full of alcohol tourists walking by, as well as other tenants who entered or exited the hotel. If you are heavy sleepers never-mind my comment.

Room tip: If you are a light sleeper, avoid "Toulouse-Lautrec" room little bit noisy
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2017

This is a small hotel in the heart of Rhodes Town. At the very heart of the town lies the old town, i.e. those parts which lie within the old walls. This is surrounded by the new town, in which the hotel is located, close to many bars and restaurants and the beach. The old town itself is a 20 minute walk from the hotel, but the walk there takes you along the seafront, and past the old sea fortifications and the Mandraki harbour, so there is lots to see on the way and the hotel isn't 'away from the action' in any way. The old town is very crowded, as most cruise ship passengers head straight for it, so whilst we went to visit, we were glad to be staying in the quieter, but still lively, new town. The hotel itself is set down a quiet street, so although it's surrounded by plenty of nightlife, the hotel itself was very calm.

Our room was very nicely decorated, bright, clean, and airy. The air con was effective and quiet. The bedding was just the right thickness; pillows were a little hard for our tastes. There was good sound insulation throughout the hotel and we never heard a peep from other guests and were able to watch the TV happily. A few Greek channels were always showing something in English so we could usually watch a film when we got back at night which was nice. When we arrived there was water and orange juice, teas and coffee, and a selection of crispbreads and jam/honey/butter. There was a kitchenette but we didn't use it.

The housekeeping was excellent; our wet beach towel was taken out of a bag we had left it in and hung up to dry; toothbrushes which we had left on the washstand were put in a little glass for us. Somebody (perhaps another resident with a "sense of humour") flipped our 'do not disturb' sign over to 'please clean' on a couple of occasions and the housekeeper took the confusion in good humour!

The hotel also has a small wine bar outside in the evenings, although we didn't partake of this.

The only thing we would improve is that there was often nobody at the reception desk. There is a contact number to call for assistance, but on our departure day we had a late flight (22:00), and would have liked to leave our bags at the hotel after checking out, but couldn't do this as there aren't staff in the building all day.

Overall we had a lovely stay, and this was a home from home, as we returned regularly to the room to cool down, have a rest, and watch some TV. We would definitely recommend to anybody who wants to be near to everything and use a hotel as a base for exploring.

Date of stay: September 2017