“Great family venue”

Iama Taverna
Ranked #16 of 123 Restaurants in Faliraki
Price range: USD 6 - USD 23
Reviewed 26 September 2018

A great restaurant, located on the outskirts of Faliraki town. The meals are generous in serving size, they are delicious and the staff are super super friendly. They were great with my 2 rowdy boys and depending where you sit in the restaurant, you can get some really good views of the dinosaurs in the dinosaur park next door !!! My kids loved this.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Service was semi-slow, served by 3 waiters. When asked about the quality of red medium dry wine the waiter said it was amazing. It was not. Quite strong taste of alcohol, the worst in all the places we have been thus far.

When asked if the homemade burger is good, again it was described as really good from fresh meat. Well, it was average at best.

Portions were small compared to other places visited.

Chicken fillet was good but DON’T TAKE MUSHROOM SAUCE - it’s obviously made from the mushroom soup they serve and it was so sweet it had ruined the chicken.

Positives: the fries you get are homemade and are a rare finding anywhere. Under-salted but still quite good.

Overall well below our expectations.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

My brother goes here a lot and claims they are the best cheese balls in the world, I have to agree! The rest of the food was pretty good too and the service was perfect. I highly recommend!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We found good reviews here on Tripsdvidor and came for a lunch. I had grilled calamaris and my bf took a veal steak (by the way the price for steak was about 16 euro!). Calamari was ok but instead of veal we got a pork! And it was raw inside which is really dangerous to eat! We tried a small piece that had no blood inside to check is it really pork or not. And it was pork for sure.We said it to the waiter but he said it is veal. We know the taste and look of pork and off course we didn't eat this. Nobody said sorry to us and we paid a full price. Later in the other restaraunt the owner said it is a normal thing in many places because veal is more expensive then people sell pork as a veal.And i can get it but i think is very dangerous to make it raw because people can be poisoned!
Then be very careful with meats in places like this or take a fish or seafood.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant and were greeted with a smile. The staff were the friendliest people we’ve come across. They made me, my partner and 2 daughters feel very welcome. They recommended food for us to try and it was out of this world. My partner had the lamb and he is the most critical person ever, having been a chef previously but he gave his first ever 10/10. None of us were disappointed. The atmosphere was relaxed with tradition Greek music in the background. We had the most pleasant evening of our holiday because of the food and service so if you are anywhere near please stop by for wonderful food and an enjoyable evening. Thank you Iama

Date of visit: August 2018