See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

We cannot comment enough on how perfect our stay was at Limnes Villas. The location is perfect. The accommodation was lovely and clean, the pool was amazing and the bar was always stocked full with s nice cold beer after a hard days sunbathing. The staff speak excellent English and Michaela is just s little diamond, she made our stay perfect. Definitely will be back, sooner rather than later! Again I can not recommend this place enough Nic and Ali xx

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nic C
Reviewed 2 July 2015 via mobile

The most welcoming and cleanest place you'll ever stay the grounds and view are stunning the family who run the villas are extremely friendly and make your visit the most memorable ever. The daughter michaela who speaks great English makes the best frappes/ cocktails on the island, can't say enough amazing things about this place would highly recommend to all we will be back!!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Booster1964
Reviewed 22 February 2015

It was 6+half years since we were at Limnes villa .We had agreat 2 weeks yes its basic but very clean and cleaned every day except Sundays. The mother was really kind she offered to wash our towels .On leaving we were all ready to vacate our room the mother came to us saying stay in
room until we left offered to pay she wouldn't have any of it .Our stay was very nice , would have been back but flights stopped from Newcastle and hubby wont travel to Manchester .Can't understand some of the moans

Room Tip: Basic but very clean value for money
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

No tv/sat in our room,slow wifi and not stable connection in every room (wifi's at the bar)
Jacuzzi was usually switched off unless you buy something in the pool bar.
The choise was quite limited and was also mainly closed.
On the other hand the overall impression of the house was quite positive.
Clean a lot of flowers and decorations a near the beach quite surroundings

Room Tip: room number 15
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Víťa R
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We have just return from our 1 week holiday in Santorini (2-9 July 2013). After some debate we chose Villa Limnes, due to other reviews published on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed.

1. Location
Presented as Perissa, I would say more Limnes village, meaning hundreds meters of the real Perissa (8-10 min. walk)
(+): very quiet, far away from the road, 2 min to the beach, not at all crowded; 10 min to the nearest supermarket, 35 minutes to the Carrefour; you have the chance to see some agricultural field in the way to supermarket, so a very genuine part of the island
(-): none, for me, but I have to specify that I don’t like big amount of people and noise.

2.Beach
I would say rather dark gray then black, very nice
(+): not crowded, not at all hot as I imagined, comfortable (better then Kamari regarding the ground, the wideness and the wind)
(-): a lot of people is trying to sell something to you; from 4 to 4 minutes you have to say “no, thank you”’; for me the water was a little bit cold for July, something like 24 degree, I suppose;
! you can have free sun beds if you bay something from some bars, otherwise it costs aprox. 5-6 euro for 2 sun beds and a good umbrella. (prices were decent: 3 euro a coffee, 3,5 euro a big draft of Mythos beer)

3. Villa Limnes
(+): you find everything you need: big room, good windows (for the first time in my life I could keep the light out of the room in the morning, for a longer sleep period!), pretty good kichinette: we had enough plates pots, spoons, knifes etc for 2 persons , very clean- they came every day for doing their job, basic furniture and appliance but just enough for one week stay. We had also a small terrace, used for breakfast and dinner. They have also a pool, we did not try it, but looked OK.

(-): the shower temperature was not enough for me in the majority of the days, but my husband was happy with it.

4.Staff
Only (+)!!! Very discrete and friendly staff, we had a big hug at the end of the holiday! The villa is administered by a family composed of mother, father and daughter. 10/10 points for them!

5. Bars and restaurants
Plenty of choises, not so expensive as in Fira and Oia. For example we had a splendid dinner with a kind of a menu composed of 2 fresh fish grilled+ big greek salad+ toasted bread+ 500 ml rose wine for 24 euro at the Poseidon restaurant (I admit, it is probable the best offer regarding the quality-price raport, but I suppose you could have a satisfying dinner for 2 with 30 euro here in Limnes -Perissa)

6. Transporation
Basically consist in a network of buses, with a central point in Fira. So, if you want to go to Oia, first you have to take the bus to Fira, and then the one to Oia. In every station there is a timetable. The tickets costs 1,60 or 2,20 euro, in general.

7. Atractions: we visited Fira- the capital, Oia (2 times, once for the sunset- we didn’t like so much because it was to crowded and then around 4 PM- much better!), Red Beach, Monolithos (the warmest water in the island, but not deep), Imerovigli-very exclusivist little town, the Preistorical Museum from Fira- you will be amazed about the level of the civilization of the ancestors!!!! We rented a car for one day (35 euro full insurance) and it was enough to go in every direction of the island, because it is very small: the longest distance between the extremes is something like 80 km.

Tips: the best and the most qualitative gifts are in Oia, but they are expensive (you can find here nice pieces of clothes in silk, art, jewelry etc). For normal souvenirs maybe is better to do your shopping in Limnes Perissa
- if you want sensations, you can go from Perissa to Kamari by boat: the waves made “the trick”; some kids were very terrified, so be careful if you have kids; it was nice, but I didn’t have the courage to come back in the same way. The ticket was 4 euro

Room Tip: We find that no.19 is one of the best: ground floor, in the back of the yard, no direct sun during the day
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple