“Favorite place for the family ”
Review of Platea

Platea
Ranked #7 of 151 Restaurants in Platanias
Price range: USD 10 - USD 33
Cuisines: Greek, International
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and very friendly and service minded staff. I tried the suvlaki and it was delicious. The mango sallad is another great pick from the menu.
There is a playground / room on the backside of the bar, very nice indeed.
A dessert free of charge was served, strawberry panacotta for the adults and strawberry ice-cream for the kids.
I really recommend this place.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I visited the restaurant with the family (wife and two kids age 13 and 15.)
We are different dishes, both classic Greek dishes and pizzas, and everything tasted good.
An extra plus for the staff's attention to our special needs since one in the company has some serious allergies.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We came here and had the mixed grill for 2... it was huge! Extremely delicious meats that were cooked to perfection and the amount of food we got was insane! 3 burgers, 3 sausages, 3 lamb steaks, 3 soulvakis, chicken, chips and vegetables! The waiter even said good luck! Then because we spent a lot we got a free desert each! The restaurant was clean and posh and we were extremely happy being there for a while after eating

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner were enjoying a walk and saw this lovely restaurant. A set menu was on display and it was the perfect dinner for my partner so we said we would come back for dinner. Once we got there we were greeted like royalty, the restaurant was amazingly set out, didn't feel hemmed in, the waiter was very helpful. My partner has an allergy, he could do more to make sure the meal we had chosen was ok for her. The meal itself again was amazing. We will be coming back.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We had walked past this restaurant a few times in our way down to the Main Street. There is a big sign outside with photos of meals you can have but ignore this completely, I think having this is a put off and they should remove it and get some life shots of their food.
When you go inside it is surprising how big this restaurant is and it overlooks the square in town.
I ordered sautéed prawns in an ouzo sauce (absolutely delicious) and then moussaka. The moussaka was really good and the béchamel sauce so light. I had the strawberry cheesecake for desert which was also excellent.
I could not fault any of the food and would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys good food and doesn't mind paying a little extra.