1,313 results
All reviewsseine riveroutdoor poolla cornicheta reviewsby the glassmain buildingwarm weatherstunning locationwonderful weekendand freshly squeezed orange juicestar michelin restaurantservice was slowseparate buildingeat elsewherewonderful hotelflat tvbreakfast was included
Reviewed 9 December 2017

I visited at the end of November.
I visited directly from the CDG with a rental car and arrived at 19:00. Therefore, I did not notice it because it was pitch dark, but I can not forget the impression when I woke up the next morning and looked outside the window.
The Seine River flows in front of me and there is a view of almost 180 degrees.
In addition, because the hotel itself is facing east, breakfast while being in the morning sun just after 8 o'clock was very elegant.

It was nice to have the room of the annex changed to the room of the hotel.

11月の末に訪問しました。
CDGからレンタカーで直接訪問し、19時すぎの到着となりました。そのため、周りは真っ暗で気がつかなかったのですが、翌朝目覚めて窓の外を見たときの感動は忘れられません。
目の前にセーヌ川が流れていて、ほぼ180度の眺望があります。
また、ホテル自体が東向きに建っているため、8時過ぎの朝日を浴びながらの朝食はとても優雅でした。

ホテルのご厚意で、別館の部屋に変更してもらったのもよかったです。

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived and the initial impression of old building refurbished on a bluff, picturesque outdoor courtyard was pleasant. The “spa” boasted about and ‘offered’ to us free isn’t in the building but across a gravely parking lot that would require full dress to reach and redress to get back to room to relax! The restaurant is also NOT in Hotel.
Then after Parking and dragging bags over gravel into reception hall to register, our check-in clerk tells us we are over in the ANNEX Manor house!?!? So now bags go back into car, over gravel again! Into car to move 300 meters to another gravel parking! This time up 3 old stone steps and into a chilly foyer and a now DEAD former reception counter! No flowers or warmth to greet those exiled here!
We get the first room in entry hall. Smack next to front door with it opening and closing as folks come and go; crunching through the gravel parking lot. Very thin walls! We hear every sound, little heat, and room for just one suitcase. No plugs for charging devices, which has become standard in even 2 star hotels!
The door frame has chipped paint.
They did offer a robe and sandal slippers, but not enough to merit a 4 star classing!
They need to be honest and tell folks when they book, WHICH building they will get! The pictures of stylish modern converted old Domaine are deceiving when one gets put outfield in the Annexe! Had we not been tired, and unwilling to loose 2 nights room fee charged on card, before we were told we were in Annexe, we would have left! Just To prove how dissatisfied we were! But they don’t care once they swipe that card, they have you! Go ahead and leave, we still get your money! $$$
Be Warned!! Say NO to the Annexe. Also no elevator just stone bare steps to upper floors!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank BarbePapa
Reviewed 23 October 2017

We stayed here on our return journey from Venice to the UK, and chose it because it hosts a Tesla destination charger. The views on their website over the Seine valley, especially from the restaurant, looked stunning. The building is quite impressive, but has been rendered less impressive by a totally unsympathetic purple paint job. The check-in was interminable because the person handling it (who was NOT some 20-something foreigner but a mature Frenchwoman) did not have a clue what she was doing. One thing we were given was a menu headed 'La Carte du 20' which didn't mean a lot to us, but it did show the dishes and prices, which were not particularly cheap. We went walkabout and the view over the Seine from the terrace and the restaurant immediately behind it is indeed spectacular. Late afternoon the restaurant was (unsurprisingly) deserted but I did slide the door open to photograph inside and it looked very nice. Come dinnertime however when we returned it was still in darkness and this turned out to be because it is closed on Tuesday nights. Now I guess you could say this was our mistake for not checking this, but our booking confirmation email went into raptures about how marvellous this panoramic restaurant was. We were instead directed to their bistro restaurant across the road, called '20', which was small and cramped, ill-lit and bit chilly. So we ate bistro food at restaurant prices, with expensive wine (48 euros for a bottle of 2014 Corbieres). Unforgivably the plates were not hot and the food was therefore not particularly warm by the time it reached us from some diatnt kitchen. Incidentally we got the impression that the prices in the panoramic restaurant were significantly higher than in the bistro, so unless that quality of the food and its presentation were on a whole new level this would simply not be worth it.
We skipped breakfast on the basis that it would undoubtedly be an over-priced disappointment, and our early check-out by the same person was as chaotic as the check-in had been, including showing 2 breakfasts even though they probably hadn't even started serving it.
We were in room 4, which was small for the price paid, although it did have a nice side view of the river & valley below.
Would we stay there again? No.

Room Tip: Room 5 probably has the best view of the Seine
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

My wife and I stayed here last year and really liked it (I wrote an earlier review), even though we were staying in the annex across the road, not the main hotel. This time we had booked early to get a room in the main hotel with a balcony view over the river and it was magnificent, not only in the sunny evening when we arrived but in the morning with mist floating over the wetlands on the other side of the river. The room was spacious and comfortable. My wife enjoyed a swim and some pampering in the spa. Unfortunately we had chosen to stay on a Tuesday without knowing that the main restaurant is closed then (Mondays too I think, maybe it is closed early in the week only out of the peak season). We were redirected to the Bistro, an old house also across the road. This was a great disappointment. We got to it about ten minutes after it was advertised as open, to find it utterly deserted, except for a notice saying Ouvert. We found nowhere comfortable to sit and have a drink (there were tables outside on a lawn but the evening was too cold). We helped ourselves to a table and ten minutes later asked for drinks as someone passed by carrying stuff to the kitchen: the promised positive response did not materialise. We dined but my seabass was drowned in oil, with chopped peppers likewise swimming, and all of it only just warm. It was very disappointing. However, in the morning, breakfast in the panoramic restaurant was first class.

I am mobility restricted but access in the hotel was not a problem (there is an elevator). We might well stay again as we travel to or from a channel port but not if the timing means using the Bistro as the restaurant.

Room Tip: River view rooms are wonderful. Rooms in the annex are less appealing.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017

This is a difficult review to write, because this hotel is really a place of two halves. The building is lovely and in an exquisitely beautiful place. Last week we stayed in a similar building in Mont de Marsan, where they have got all the little details just right. Here, we were amazed that the building is painted in dark purple so that it looks more like an Ibis! So far, so unusual, but all the paint, especially on the stairs, is chipped and scratched and the carpets need changing. It really looks more like an Ibis inside - fine if you ARE in an Ibis - comfortable and well-equipped. Silly things let it down - no towels by the pool, trying to order a drink and the 'someone will be with you immediately' never arrived. If you like pools and spas, they are here although I didn't try them. ( Husband failed with the outdoor pool because of the towels! ). On the plus side, the restaurant Panoramique is superb. The food was wonderful and the staff are young, enthusiastic, on the ball and with a lovely touch of humour. Really, really worthy of the praise. The view, of course, is absolutely stunning, especially in the gorgeous weather we had, and getting a room, even a purple one, with a view of that IS worth the money. Sitting dining looking over the balustrade at dinner was a true highlight. In short, it isn't a 4 star hotel - but it COULD be. The rooms that I and my friends stayed in were all in need of painting and overhauling, and so is the main entrance hall. That isn't the fault of the staff, who are charming, but it IS a management issue. If they did that, the place could charge twice as much!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Jerome-Crepatte, Propriétaire at Domaine de la Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Guests,

Trust me, the management do is best to improve this magnificent building. In fact, I bought la Corniche in 2004. it was a ruin. We totally renewed it and built some new accomodations (spa, a bistrot restaurant, a kid corner...). unfortunately, keeping in shape is an everyday issue. But we invest each and every cents of what we earn to make "La corniche" a perfect spot. We also work just about 365/365 to host, improve and make your stay the best we can.

Since last year, we refurbish the rooms that were renewed in 2006/2007. We stopped with the dark paintings to prefer much softer colours.

I drive a Tesla car and to charge it on the highways I often stop in Ibis and Novotel... Honestly, I don't understand your point in comparing us. It's just like driving a brand new Volkswagen or an old Jaguar. It's just nor the same journey.

Anyway, thank you for taking time writting about us. i hope You'll make it again to my hotel and that, then, we'll give you an even better impression.

Kind regards,