All reviews sushi night nachos pura vida costa rica light sleeper cool guys tropical birds great accommodation place to stay the main road mosquito net yoga studio communal kitchen enjoyed my stay no hot water minute walk to the beach private bathroom
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We had terrible service right from the start at the "how little can you eat" sushi night. We waited 50 minutes between rounds of Sushi, while we sat and watched everyone else get served before us. We contemplated leaving after three hours because everyone was so hungry! When we complained the staff didn't care and literally looked the other way. Disappointing experience.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I never write reviews, but I had to for this place's "all you can eat" sushi night. Please read till the end!
The restaurant was nice.
The ambiance was nice.
The service was the worst I've experienced in years.

They say its an "all you can eat" dinner where they just bring you a couple starters, then rolls from the menu. There were 7 of us and we got our starters after sitting and ordering drinks.
15 minutes later we got our first round of 6 rolls.
Almost an hour later we got our next round, 4 rolls. (This was less than a roll and a half plus starter per person after roughly AN HOUR AND A HALF).
Another 30 minutes later with no food we tried to talk to the staff. After speaking with FOUR different staff members, some of which were rude and wouldn't even look as us, they eventually started bringing food out to our table (we were close to leaving, but decided to wait and eat).

Overall it took FOUR HORUS. But the most frustrating was we noticed there was another table with the same number of people getting multiple sushi trays delivered while we were twiddling our thumbs waiting.

This was the worst service and wait I've ever had.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

So a group of friends and I show up to this place. It looked cool and all, so we decided to give it a try only to leave 4 hours later with an expensive bill and a headache. Literally, I would only recommend this place if you don't mind waiting 1 hour between rolls. After talking to their staff about this issue, they were so rude at addressing our concerns. They literally looked the other way, not react to our frustration, and it seemed like they didn't care at all. Please don't go and thank me later for saving you the trip.

1  Thank andresmoretti1
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Funky Monkey was a great accommodation! The staff are friendly, the grounds and rooms are nice and clean. The food is great and I enjoyed the candlelight yoga and SUP sessions. The rosters and dogs may wake you up early if you are in the open air bungalows, but that may be nice to have an early start :)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Great&' sushis, great ambiance!!!!!!! The waitress was also super nice!! The passion fruit caipiroska made by ! was just amazing I definitely recommend this place! If I ever come back to Santa Teresa, I'll for sure come back to eat!!!?88