“Funky monkey”
Review of Funky Monkey Lodge

Funky Monkey Lodge
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We had a great time at funky monkey in santa Teresa . The staff was very friendly and the sushis served for sushi night were delicious and so were the cocktails. We recommend and will definitely come back!

Stayed: August 2017

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Amazing resort, wonderful staff, and great food! Had a great time doing yoga and the surf lessons were a lot of fun. Would definitely go back to beautiful Santa Teresa. A lot of attractions around and if you rent a quad it's easy to get around!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2017

We booked a surf and yoga package; which was incredible. We had such a fantastic holiday. We got a ton of surfing and yoga in, and learned the aerial silks...all with lots of laughs! Our surf experience was exceptional. Victor, Nacho, and Christian were our instructors. They were great surfers, and also excellent teachers. The hotel is in close proximity to the beach and the restaurants and stores nearby, but we enjoyed spending time at the hotel, yoga studio and pool as much as possible. All of the staff were incredible and food was out of this world. Everything about our holiday was exceptional and blew our expectations out of the water. We would love to come back!

Room Tip: Dorms and Suite are above the bar and have noise with a youthful, communal vibe. The Bungalows offer...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I stayed at The Funky Monkey Lodge in Santa Teresa as part of a surf & yoga package. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay! The lodge has a great eco-friendly, boho vibe & you can hear the animals in the jungle along with the ocean waves. The staff were all great & I was greeted with smiles from the get-go. I was pleasantly surprised with my room (4 bed dorm), the food was delicious, the yoga was relaxing & the atmosphere was just what I needed. Recommend to all!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Funky Monkey in their low season and had a great time. I purchased a package, which included yoga classes, surf lessons, breakfast, dinner, all on top of accommodation. The price was really good. I stayed in a dorm, which has 8 beds, but there were only two of us. In case you can't stand bugs and bites, the dorms don't have mosquito nets over the beds. The private bungalows do though. The bathroom is outside, with an open shower, but it didn't rain when I was there, so no issues.

Met a lot of other cool solo travellers that were staying at Funky Monkey. All were women, so I think this is a good spot for other female travellers.

The surf lessons were great. The teacher was really good and we got taken to different beaches, with fresh coconut and pineapple afterwards. I also got all the footage from surfing!

The location is super close to the beach, like a 5 minute walk. Also close to various restaurants and cute little shops.

I naturally woke up around 5AM every morning, as the sun was rising. There are also a ton of animals waking up at that time, including howler monkeys and roosters, so if you're a light sleeper, this may be a problem. I always felt like I got a good nights rest though, as you're already so tired from all the activities during the day.

My only other call out is the service of the staff. Many of those that work at Funky Monkey volunteer for a place to stay, so they are not aware of what you booked. As well, it seemed that one of the owners chastised some employees in front of us. Kind of unprofessional. The guys that worked there had their friends there a lot, which isn't that big of a deal, except when the people that are staying there are being neglected as a result. Also, everything at Funky Monkey is CASH ONLY.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2 km away
Hotel Santa Teresa
Hotel Santa Teresa
#22 of 27 in Santa Teresa

Been to Funky Monkey Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Funky Monkey Lodge

Address: center of Santa Teresa | 200m From Public School, Santa Teresa 60111, Costa Rica
Region: Costa Rica > Province of Puntarenas > Santa Teresa
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Ski-In / Ski-Out Suites Swimming Pool
#12 Romantic Hotel in Santa Teresa
#12 On the Beach Hotel in Santa Teresa
Price Range: $150 - $299 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Funky Monkey Lodge 3*
Beach lodge on a natural hill in the middle of a private jungle, away from the main street but only 200m walking from the main surfer beach, famous for its white sand and perfect waves. Great place for solo travelers, couples, families or groups. Clean and comfortable rooms with daily maid, free wireless, free and secure parking, safe place with restaurant and swimming pool. Great getaway! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Funky Monkey Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Funky Monkey Hotel Santa Teresa