I stayed at the Funky Monkey for a week with 20 girls for a surf camp, then stayed an extra couple nights by myself. The staff was really friendly, the food was amazing and the accommodations were clean and comfortable (despite a ridiculous rainstorm and mud slide).
The bunk rooms were comfortable for a group and the smaller bungalows were very nice.
There is a comfortable communal area where regulars play board games and a little guitar music. Everyone is really comfortable and makes you feel at home.
The bar closes early so it's pretty quiet most nights.
The lodge is about a quarter mile from the beach (with the surf shops about 1/2 way between), an easy walk in flipflops.
The pool is beautiful and quiet.
There is an open air silk yoga studio that has a beautiful view and the instructor is also an owner.
As a female traveling alone I felt very comfortable both in Santa Theresa and at the Funky Monkey. The staff can help you get around or book or recommend any activities you have in mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach lodge on a natural hill in the middle of a private jungle, away from the main street but only 200m walking from the main surfer beach, famous for its white sand and perfect waves. Great place for solo travelers, couples, families or groups. Clean and comfortable rooms with daily maid, free wireless, free and secure parking, safe place with restaurant and swimming pool. Great getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Funky Monkey Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Funky Monkey Hotel Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Lodge Costa Rica/Santa Teresa