My husband & I wanted to move to a nicer hotel than the 1 we were in, so he called Florablanco. We knew it from ten years ago when previous owners were gracious & ran a lovely place. My husband called & spoke to the reservation manager, who gave us a price for 4 nights. We stopped by to see the villa that day. Jose, desk receptionist, showed us the villa, but said we would have to move in 2 days due to new bookings, &at a MUCH higher price. He was brusque, & so rude that he made us feel very us unwelcomed; we had to a ask several times to speak to his boss. Finally, we did & she agreed to the price she gave us. That is until Jose, speaking Spanish, bullied her into relenting. They didn't know we understood enough Spanish to get the gist of what they said. Jose is a racist. Money wasn't the issue - no one likes to be lied to & treated badly. We are in the hospitality business in New York City, so we know how professionals should behave. Any place that claims to be a 5 star hotel DOES NOT welcome guests like this - we didn't even want to return for dinner. Villa & rooms not as nice as when it was a 5 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our accommodations offer complete privacy and luxury surrounded by beautiful gardens and views of the Pacific Ocean. All villas are only steps away from the surf, open -air dining, our new Spa Bambu, fitness center, a yoga and Pilates studio, and other amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Hooroo Pty Ltd and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Florblanca Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florblanca Hotel Santa Teresa
- Florblanca Resort Santa Teresa
- Florblanca Resort Costa Rica/Santa Teresa