“Our Favorite Place In The World!”
Review of Florblanca Resort

Florblanca Resort
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Reviewed 11 May 2017

My husband and I just stayed at Florblanca to celebrate our anniversary, and even though we have stayed here before, I had no idea it could get any better and they really outdid themselves this time! First of all, we'd like to thank the entire staff for being absolutely wonderful and for taking such good care of us on our stay. Big shout out to Cody, Berneth, Feli, Ruth, Benny, Katherine, Kendall, Oscar, and all the rest for making this place truly special!

Second, all of the little extra touches really make you feel like they are going above and beyond, from the chilled cucumber water at your bedside they leave at turndown to the chocolate covered strawberries they left us one day, everything was totally on point. The room was beautiful, comfortable, and clean the entire stay.

Third, the food! Their tuna is always to die for, and the food did not disappoint this time around either. Everything was fresh, delicious, and the restaurant and bar service is quick and impeccable. I'll be dreaming about that tuna for months to come!

Fourth, the spa was the perfect way to celebrate our anniversary with a lovely couples massage. This is easily my favorite couples massage anywhere on earth as the room is equipped with a private jet bath for after the massage, as well as fresh-cut fruit and champagne to enjoy at your leisure. Definitely gives you the feeling of decadence and luxury.

Lastly, I was extremely sick on our visit unfortunately, but the staff really came to my rescue. They had a doctor come straight to the hotel, examine me in the comfort of my villa, and I was given medicine and prescriptions on the spot. If I hadn't been at the hotel it would have been such a mission to see a doctor, but they arranged everything in a quick and professional manner for me. Plus, the bartenders and waitstaff (thanks Berneth!) made me homemade ginger, lemon, mint, and honey tea concoctions for me the duration of my stay to help me feel better, and it was so above and beyond anything they had to do that it was really touching.

Once again, Florblanca has gone above and beyond to exceed all of our expectations! I cannot recommend this resort highly enough, if you are looking for luxury in sleepy, laid-back Santa Teresa, look no further. The grounds, rooms, food, and especially the staff will make your stay nothing short of magical.

Thanks again and we love you guys!
Pura Vida,
Megan and Trent

Room Tip: Ocean View Villa and Honeymoon House are only rooms with ocean views.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Megan W
FlorblancaManager, General Manager at Florblanca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

To two of our favorite guests!!!! We will never forget your spectacular wedding, and the love we got to share with you, your friends and family. It was so great to have you back, and we look forward to many more anniversary trips to come. From all of us, PURA VIDA and much love.

Cody and Staff.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Florblanca Resort, is hands down the most amazing resort in Costa Rica! From start to finish our stay was an exceptional experience. The luxury resort is equipped with all the comforts of your home while nestled along the sandy beach of Santa Teresa. The room itself offers an open air living space and bathroom while the master bedroom is air conditioned for your comfort. The food, drinks, and service were exceptional! It is a must to utilize the spa services as it was definitely a highlight of our stay! if your considering traveling to Costa Rica, Florblanca should be at the top of your list!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jordan R

Dear Traveller,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are delighted to hear the food, drinks, and service were exceptional! Our Spa Bambu is indeed a highlight, and we are so happy you enjoyed it. Please come back soon.

From all of us at Florblanca, Thank you.

Cody and Staff.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

I started off not very happy at this hotel. We went there for a luxurious break and for the surfing. First off you drive through a dusty backpacker town to get there - don't let this put you off. Then you arrive and they tell you you can't swim in the ocean outside the hotel except at low tide. And no, you can't surf there either, you have to walk 5-10 minutes down the beach (it's actually a bit further). OK so at this point I am really disappointed. But things really improved from here! They organised amazing surf instructors and the "teaching/improving beach" is only a short 5 min drive away. The walk to where you could surf from the hotel really wasn't bad either and we did it every day. The food and service in the restaurant was fabulous especially breakfast and the sushi, but all of it of exceptionally good quality and fresh. The beach is practically deserted and beautiful. The sunsets are amazing, you must go out to the beach to watch. The occasional howler monkey in the trees, loads of iguanas, lots of birds, and even the cutest tiny local skunk (I know, can you imagine a skunk being cute?). The pool is very nice and largely very quiet. It became one of the favourite places of our stay. So overlook the neighbourhood, deal with the travel to surf and enjoy it!

Room Tip: Only a couple of rooms have ocean views. The 2 bed family rooms do not sadly.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank McAtravels123
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We just got back from one of our BEST trips ever! Everything at Florblanca was outstanding - food, service, rooms....and of course the great company of our friends. We had a group of 12 traveling together, and Cody and Alonso were so helpful with organizing meals, day trips, spa days.....I don't think any of us have ever been so well taken care of! :)
The resort is beautiful - paradise. Left with wonderful memories...and we can't wait to come back! Thank you to the entire staff!!!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2017

A wonderfull hotel on evey level!! The hotel is so beautiful and fits in perfectly in the beat of Santa Teresa. The open air room makes you feel like a part of the jungle. The staff is amazing, all the way around! The reception helps you with everything, the waiters make you feel like home, the kitchen prepare everything i ask for and the maides allways smiles. I love this place and im planning on going back SOON! :)

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple