I started off not very happy at this hotel. We went there for a luxurious break and for the surfing. First off you drive through a dusty backpacker town to get there - don't let this put you off. Then you arrive and they tell you you can't swim in the ocean outside the hotel except at low tide. And no, you can't surf there either, you have to walk 5-10 minutes down the beach (it's actually a bit further). OK so at this point I am really disappointed. But things really improved from here! They organised amazing surf instructors and the "teaching/improving beach" is only a short 5 min drive away. The walk to where you could surf from the hotel really wasn't bad either and we did it every day. The food and service in the restaurant was fabulous especially breakfast and the sushi, but all of it of exceptionally good quality and fresh. The beach is practically deserted and beautiful. The sunsets are amazing, you must go out to the beach to watch. The occasional howler monkey in the trees, loads of iguanas, lots of birds, and even the cutest tiny local skunk (I know, can you imagine a skunk being cute?). The pool is very nice and largely very quiet. It became one of the favourite places of our stay. So overlook the neighbourhood, deal with the travel to surf and enjoy it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our accommodations offer complete privacy and luxury surrounded by beautiful gardens and views of the Pacific Ocean. All villas are only steps away from the surf, open -air dining, our new Spa Bambu, fitness center, a yoga and Pilates studio, and other amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Florblanca Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florblanca Hotel Santa Teresa
- Florblanca Resort Santa Teresa
- Florblanca Resort Costa Rica/Santa Teresa