All reviewsbeach frontpura vida adventuresbeach housecosta ricabeachfront bungalowgarden viewsurf campspa serviceshotel groundsprivate porchyoga studiobeautiful beachplaya carmenbanana beachour honeymoongreat surfingamazing experience
Reviewed 22 December 2016

We had a tremendous experience at Tropico Latino. Kevin greeted us by name when we arrived and even arranged a very thoughtful display in our room since we were celebrating our honeymoon. We loved the setup of the surrounding vegetation in the hotel property as we were able to see some animals and insects. The property is right on a beautiful beach and has many relaxing spots like hammocks and a swimming pool. The restaurant was delicious as well. Overall, the experience was enhanced by the helpful, accommodating, and friendly staff. We DEFINITELY recommend staying at Tropico Latino in Santa Teresa!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
hoteltropicolatino, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that our staff made your feel at home. This is really one of the things that we try to maintain in our hotel. Hoping to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

We were there for 5 days and 4 nights. It was a wonderful experience. The staff was great, very accommodating and gracious. We had breakfast at the beach each morning. Two night we dined at their restaurant. All very good meals.
We're gonna try to go back every December. It was great!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. It's definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this. We will be sure to let them know. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed 16 December 2016

We stayed at the Hotel Tropico Latino for a week through a package arranged by Believe Surf and Yoga.
We loved every minute of our stay. The room we had was very comfortable and felt very authentic, not too 'western'. It is set back from the main road through Santa Teresa so it is both very convenient to travel to and quiet and very pretty, sitting in a jungle environment. Our room looked out at the beach and had geckos and iguanas running around. We were also about 30 feet away from the beach-front yoga studio. The hotel also has a restaurant attached to it- Shambala- which had incredible food and staff.
I'll finish by saying this was the first hotel I've stayed at that I hugged our concierge, Kevin and promised we'd come back someday soon. I can't recommend this hotel (and Believe Surf and Yoga) highly enough. I hope we can travel to Santa Teresa soon and I know we'll stay at Hotel Tropico Latino.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
hoteltropicolatino, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2016

Dear Jesse, thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner. I'll let Kevin know about your experience !!! Call us if there is anything we can help you with. I'll also share it with Believe surf and yoga :)
Warm regards :)

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Staid for a couple of days and loved every second! The staff is extremely caring, the food is amazing (try the gallo pinto), the beachfront is just gorgeous and manager Roberto goes out of his way to make sure everything is perfect! Will definitely come again!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
hoteltropicolatino, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Hi Mitcha!

Thank you so much for you kind comments, " Gallo Pinto" is one of Costa Rica's most traditional recipes :) I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your visit pleasant. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 13 December 2016

It was my first time in this hotel, and it was the best one I´ve been in Santa Tere. From the guard to the personal of the restaurant and reception, everyone were very kind with us. I loved the room, it was big and comfortable. Everything is surrounded by nature, we were sleeping like at 50mts from the beach. The only thing I believe that could improve is the prices from the restaurant for breakfast, because we paid almost $40 for two simply dishes of breakfast, although it was delicious :)

Room Tip: Consider the Garden view rooms
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. We will take into consideration your observations!