“Great Little Place to Eat”
Review of Chicken Joe's

Chicken Joe's
Ranked #6 of 97 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We ate lunch here late in our trip and I wish I had found this place sooner. Don't let Chicken in the name fool you. They have excellent fish dishes too. And the food presentation for some of the dishes ...rivaled what a sit down high end restaurant might provide. The owner takes pride in his place it is very clean, nice, and inviting. The service from him was above the norm. It is a must place to try while in Mal Pais / Santa Teresa. The homemade Passion Fruit Cheesecake was yummy too!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Amazing ceviche here and yucca fries! The fish tacos were pretty great as well. Apparently they get the fish from Mal Pais, the fish market which makes it even more awesome because its fresh!!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

The joint is quite small and you wouldn't expect a rotisserie chicken restaurant to have the best tacos around. Closed during low season (october)

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I love this little restaurant! Everytime I go to Santa Teresa, I eat here at least once. The portion sizes are good and the tacos are delicious! I have heard how great the fish tacos are, but I personally prefer chicken. I love the spicy sauce that they serve on the side.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We had lunch here on our trip to Santa Teresa. We were told that Chicken Joe's was a must while we were in town and it did not disappoint. The chicken was so juicy and delicious, the fish tacos were great and the yucca fries not to be missed. Oh and fried plantain was delish. Highly recommend!