We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and were really happy with this place. The owner is very friendly, can give you good advices regarding the restaurants, supermarkets, surf spots and so on in this small town.
The hotel itself is a really good bargain. For 35 USD you get the cleanest rooms I've seen in CR (I travelled alot there in 2008 and also 2011. Furthermore many other countries and I've never seen rooms that clean in this category). The rooms as well as the bathrooms are spacy and bright. Nice, modern showers with warm water if you need it, good beds with really good mattresses, a ceiling fan and a "normal" fan. Furthermore there's a fully equipped, clean collective kitchen and a nice little garden.
The hotel is far enough away from the "main-road" to be calm at nights but still close enough to the beach (2 min.), to the supermarket (1 min.) and to restaurants and bars. The owner Chris keeps the place calm so you won't have drinking parties in the kitchen at nights for example. Later than 10 p.m. it's totally calm there. So a really nice place to stay for families and couples or singles who want to relax:) There are enough hammocks and a chill-out zone to do so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabinas Calocita offers rooms with private bath and hot water. There are 5 double rooms, one triple room and one single room. We are a small quiet hotel which stands for quality even for the budget traveller. Modern, clean and comfortable beds are waiting for you here at Cabinas Calocita.Part of Cabinas Calocita is a nice common area and a well equipped shared kitchen. Precisely the shared kitchen is typical in Costa Rica for small hotels and the people love to be able to cook their own meals or just leave drinks in the fridge. The location couldn’t be better. Quiet and calm (secluded) but still central. Just 150m walking distance to the ocean and surf break, but still (50m) off the main road what helps you sleep better. And the grocery store is also just 100m away and several restaurants are in close walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cabinas Calocita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabinas Calocita Hotel Santa Teresa
- Cabinas Calocita Costa Rica/Santa Teresa