“Practical tools for my everyday and exploration of value-centric living.”
Review of Surf Your Mind

Surf Your Mind
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Surf Your Mind offers mindfulness-based learn-to-surf retreats. Join us in 2017 in Costa Rica - learn to surf and learn ways to live your version of a rich, full, and meaningful life. All workshops, surf classes, and accommodation occur at Shaka Costa Rica.
Reviewed 19 March 2017

My boyfriend and I had the best experience during this workshop! I have already recommended this course to some of my friends and family! This is a great program and I give it my highest recommendation!

This mindfulness workshop was held at the beautiful Shaka resort. The setting was outside, with a cool breeze, and a shot walk to the beach under trees where the monkeys swing. A small group of 6 participants was comfortable. I attended with my significant other as part of a surf/yoga/mindfulness retreat.

I'm relatively new to mindfulness. No preparation or previous knowledge was required. This workshop was hosted by Michelle Wharton, a psychologist. An introduction to the neuroscience provided context and validity. Identifying my evolving values and prioritizing them in my life was achievable with her guidance. Understanding my intrinsic barriers and develop and practice tools to overcome them. I was energized at the completion of the course, and continue to incorporate these techniques into my day.

I'm please to have participated in this retreat. This was a perfect complement to surfing and yoga. I attended this with my honey, but would have found it useful independently, as well. I would highly recommend this experience. This retreat was a good time to become recommitted to living an intentional life.

Date of experience: February 2017
Michelle W, Owner at Surf Your Mind, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Jackie thank you so much for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure to spend the week with you and Evan and I'm stoked to hear that you had both a relaxing and productive week! Plus I love hearing when people are able to incorporate the tools and techniques they've learned into their day-to-day home routine. I wish you all the best for living an intentional life and hope to share a wave or another epic sunset with you again in the future. Michelle.

All reviews