Nautilus Boutique Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
USD 132
USD 116
Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
USD 150
Atrapasuenos Dreamcatcher Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
USD 81
Beach Break Surf Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
USD 30
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
USD 124
Cabinas Calocita(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
USD 34
Villas Santa Teresa(Santa Teresa)
USD 226
Florblanca Resort(Santa Teresa)
USD 438
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviewscosta ricathe pool area is beautifulthe main roadgrocery storeplace to staynice ownersgreat wifioutdoor kitchenlook no furthera wonderful vacationshort walk to the beachwalking distancepeace and quietcan't wait to come backamazing placemal paisthe location is perfect
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We loved our stay at the Fuego Lodge! I cannot say enough good things! In fact I put off writing the review until I went through all my pictures because I was afraid I might miss something. Barbara and her husband were incredibly hospitable and could not have been more welcoming. We stayed in their penthouse suite for our last week in Costa Rica. Having never been to Costa Rica before we had no idea what to expect. Prior to our trip I flooded Barbra with tons of questions via email and she always responded quickly and was very reassuring with her answers. I was very concerned about the roads to Santa Teresa, and Barbra kept me posted on their conditions in addition to giving us very detailed directions. This was VERY appreciated! The roads in Costa Rica in general (for us) were an adventure to say the least, but knowing in advance what to expect made the journey down a lot more comfortable. Our original plan for our week in Santa Teresa was to spend some time on the beach and find some tours to do around the area. We had a sudden change of plans when I was injured prior to arriving to the Fuego Lodge. I wasn't sure I'd even be able to make it there, but I am so very thankful I was. We spent pretty much every day by the pool or on the beach. I will generally never pick a pool when there is a beach nearby, however the Fuego pool was great! The temperature, size, depth, pool side chairs, everything was great! It was nice having a kitchenette in our unit and having a grocery store at the end of the street was also very convenient. There were also quite a few restaurants within walking distance. Every place we tried was delicious. I think our favorites were Zwart Cafe for breakfast and Tomate for dinner(both on the way to the beach too)! The penthouse suite is on the 3rd floor and while its still close to everything on the property it is also very private. Being injured I had the feeling of wanting to be home and just relaxing, and that is how I felt during our stay at Fuego. We were only there a week but the combination of the family's hospitality and our comfortable room made it feel like our home that week. Thank you again Barbra and familiy!! p.s we also LOVED their dogs, especially Princess!

-Sarah&Jess

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sasterling10
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I am assuming that if you are reading this review you already know what to expect or are looking for from Santa Teresa. We were looking for a place to relax, and surf, Santa Teresa was very good for that, and Fuego Lodge is very for good for Santa Teresa.
1) Barbara and Etay (the owners and managers) absolutely rule. Even before we arrived, Barbara would answer our emails with questions within 24 hours before we even arrived in Santa Teresa. When I broke a board surfing early in our stay, Etay took time out of his day and drove me around to various surf shops trying to sort out a replacement. Barbara arranged drivers and tours for our family and she did not make us feel like she was being put out by us. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. It's weird to talk first about the owners than the facility itself but they are simply that cool.
* There was a pool. And not a ghetto pool but a real nice pool, we used it more than I thought we would.
* There are very good outdoor showers that help you to keep your floors clean and sand out of your sheets when you come back from the beach or from walking on the dusty road.
* Air conditioning, which is nice when you're trying to sleep.
* Quiet. Even though we stayed in a unit where we shared a wall and had people living about us. We did not hear them.
*Very close to a grocery market so buying food and water was about as easy as it could be.
*Located close to the beach (10 min walk, maximum we kept telling ourselves to time the walk be we always forgot to)
*Good television set up, not that we used it much but it was nice when we wanted to.
*At least two decent surf shops on the way to the beach if you are renting boards it's literally on the way to the water.
*Cool town and F.L. is well located between places to eat and the beach.
* We'd stay here again, no problem.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Dan G
Management response:Responded 14 November 2011

Those were very nice things to say, thank you!
I'm happy that you had such a great time, you are a very nice family yourselves, and I definately hope to receive you again at my home and Lodge.
I liked very much meeting you, send you my best wishes and lots of love to all!! :D
Thanks again, Barbara

Reviewed 5 November 2011

At first we were all about beach beach beach. Santa Teresa is best enjoyed from a distance especially if you want some peacefulness and serenity away from the chaos.
The reviews speak for themselves.
Thanks
The Kiwi and the Canadian
Ps Barbara the massage from the Italian girl was great! Thank you

Room Tip: The private pool rooms are stunning and the lighting really works! It might be frightning to actually see yourself after travelling in Costa Rica with all the low lighting. LOL Best bathrooms and showers ever!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert S
Management response:Responded 10 November 2011

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!!
It was very nice to meet you both... :)
I hope we get to have you over again sometime.
Hope you had a great time in Costa Rica, see you soon!!
And thanks again, Barbara

(Nadia, the Italian girl, says thank you, too) :D

Reviewed 5 August 2011

This was our first trip to Santa Teresa and we found Fuego on Trip Advisor. We were not dissapointed, Barbara and her husband have really gone the extra mile to make their customers comfortable and happy. The location is perfect and the pool is awesome!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I had the pleasure of spending 10 days at Fuego Lodge in one of the 3 very modern poolside casitas. Fuego is a beautiful place to hang your hat in Santa Teresa. Owners Barbara and Etay are amazing - they will make sure you have everything you need, thank you Etay for the great surf lesson. I would have spent all of my time in Santa Teresa here if they had the space. Amazing and highly recommended!
Lynn