“Loved Costa Rica and the people”
Review of Allegro Papagayo

Allegro Papagayo
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Gulf of Papagayo
Reviewed 30 April 2017

This is a very average resort and we did not stay at the resort for even a full day as we were on excursions deep sea fishing, Monteverde Cloud Forest, Arenal. The people were very nice and we loved Costa rica and have recommend it to many of our friends.

Room Tip: there are many choices and you get what you pay for, make sure you do some excursions into the inter...
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Stuart71
Write a ReviewReviews (1,861)

Reviewed 4 November 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed here, it was our first trip to Costa Rica. The resort overall was nice until the last day. We were departing in the evening so we packed our stuff that morning and kept it in the room until it was time to leave. We bummed around the resort until it was time to leave. Much to our dismay, when we got to the room our luggage was GONE!!! We checked with the front desk and they never moved. Panic ensued as out passports and EVERYTHING was in our luggage!!!! We are so lucky that my boyfriend had great attention to detail because he noticed dust on the bathroom sink that wasn't there that morning. He climbed on the counter and pushed up the ceiling and OUR LUGGAGE WAS IN THE CEILING!!!!!!! Staff had put it up there and thought what!? They could come back later and steal it?!?! It was SO SKETCHY! We told someone on the bus to the airport about this and they had their $1,500 CAMERA STOLEN from their room!!! This place was beautiful but so beyond sketchy. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Nikki A
Reviewed 15 September 2016

This place is not all bad- I want to start with that. The night shows are fun to watch and are very well done. The monkeys and black sand beach was really cool. The food here was more north american and did not use as much cilantro as other places- we thought that a good thing. There are a lot of hills though and the rides were not as punctual or reliable as required.Our room had bugs on the floor at night- nothing worse then hearing and feeling the crunch under your foot we stepped on them Also, the bathrooms by the pool are not cleaned frequently enough and are really gross. I was unimpressed with the food when I had a piece of glass in it at the Mexican restaurant. The glass in my food is teh number one reason why I was not impressed- it really made me feel like this place was just not a clean and health conscious place.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Stephanie C
Reviewed 1 June 2016

This resort was perfect for my 5 day stay and I enjoyed my time here. The staff were all very friendly and the pool and swim up bar were super nice. I enjoyed the monkeys on the grounds and feeding them daily. The volcanic sand was a first for me as well. Overall, it was a great stay and I would love to return...

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2016

Came straight on a plane to this place room wasn't ready. Ordered strawberries and roses to be delivered as a surprise nope didn't happen until the last day and they STILL made me pay $60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only thing I liked was the chef guy at the buffet he was super nice to us. I still got cheated out of money for excursions I had money in pesos and they thought I was a stupid American and couldn't count it I knew exactly how to I just watched the tour guide at the front of the hotel and he cheatead me out of $20 I didn't say anything because I was far away from my home in Florida and I just didtn want him to make my stay worse I believe in Karma. WELL, if your looking for a honeymoon STAY AWAY FROM HERE! we even had ants in our room and had to switch rooms so gross place cheats you out of your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TOLD SO MANY PEOPLE TO STAY AWAY FROM HERE!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple