“Relax Under the Ocean Waves and Sun and Fun!”
Blue Moon Cabana is steps from the sea Beachfront Blue Moon Cabana
View from Blue Moon Cabana veranda
Can't beat the view!
Blue Moon Cabana large beachfront area
Bring your happy!
You'll spend a lot of time here!
Open floor plan with lots of windows
Bedroom #1
Open floor plan
Bedroom #1 with large wardrobe and bamboo privacy curtains
Stunning view of the sea from your living room
Lots of windows
View into bedroom #2
Full-equipped kitchen
View into kitchen from living room area
Sit back and relax!
Another perfect lounging spot!
View from kitchen area into living space
View from kitchen into Bedroom #2
Plenty of shelf space in Bedroom #2
Bathroom with tiled shower stall, vanity sink, hot water
Bathroom vanity sink
Bedrooms separated by enclosed bathroom
Can you see yourself here?
You will spend a lot of time in this hammock!
Side veranda
Another napping spot on side veranda
Beach looking north
What are you waiting for? Rent me!
Beach in front of Blue Moon Cabana
You'll see lots of this!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Tonya G
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Relax Under the Ocean Waves and Sun and Fun!”
Reviewed 29 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

What can I say but wonderful, blue moon cabana is a diamond in the rough....simply relaxing right on the beach. You can walk to all the local restaurants and stores. Mirko and Annette were the best hosts. We did not need anything...except to not bring so much luggage. lol....You only need shirts, shorts, sandals and a smile on your face. Everyone of the locals welcomed us as part of the family. We stayed in Big Blue which I highly recommend. We sat on the porch overlooking the ocean and listening to the ocean waves.. What a sound to put you to sleep. Mirko arranged for all our trips out...We went to Belize Hopkins Village for relaxation and came home with more friends than we can count. We also enjoyed meeting Marie, she racks the yard every morning. What a hard working women...she invited us to join them on Sunday for Catholic service...so we did and it was great...the people just opened their hearts up to us and now Hopkins is going to become a second home for us. Once you go, you will not want to come back...or at least that is our opinion...... Well worth the trip!!!!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Ocean Front Living at its best!
Liked least: Nothing except we needed to stay more than 7 days lol
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Lucas N
New York City, New York
“Awesome Place!”
Reviewed 26 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Excellent place to stay! Large and spacious property, very clean and had everything we could need. The kitchen was completely stocked with all the things you would have at home. Property manager was super friendly and a great resource throughout our stay.

Travelling group: Friends
Linda G
“ADK Visitors”
Reviewed 18 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

My husband and I stayed for three weeks at the Blue Moon Cabana in Hopkins. We also stayed for one week in Baby Blue Moon. Mirko and Annett were great hosts....always being there to answer our questions and help us plan outings. Both cabanas are extremely comfortable with all the amenities one could ask for. Our favorite spot was sitting on the front porch, watching the sun rise, watching the waves break, or just watching the people wander by. Staying in the village of Hopkins was a unique experience. There is great contrast in the village, fancy new rental properties next door to simple local homes, backpackers hostels, small local restaurants serving Garifuna dishes (Tina's and Innes), and small shops selling Mayan crafts. On the outskirts of the village were resorts which offered a fancier fare (try Love On the Rocks). A tip of the hat to Patrick for two wonderful snorkeling trips and a nice cruise on the lagoon to see the bioluminescence (it was magic). We also toured Mayan Ruins, tubed down a river and in caves, hiked, and went swimming in waterfall pools. Would we visit Hopkins again? Probably not, but not because we didn't like it...we did. There are just too many other places that we haven't visited...

Angela M...
“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!”
Reviewed 11 May 2015 for a stay in December 2014

My husband and I honeymooned in Hopkins and had a wonderful time!! We are positive that this was absolutely a result of staying at the Blue Moon Cabana! We loved hanging out daily on the porch or underneath the palapa in our own yard, taking a dip in the sea, and having a beautiful, comfortable place to call home for the two weeks we spent in Belize! Mirko and Annette were absolutely great the entire time we were at the BMC. Anything that we needed (from organizing transportation from Dangriga airport to Belize, to a trip to the Mayan ruins, to help with laundry), we just called Mirko! He loaned us a local cell phone so he was literally a phone call away at all time! Even on rainy days, the Blue Moon Cabana was an amazing place to be. Although there is no AC, the house is situated to perfectly catch the cool breezes that are common when close to the sea! The beach in front of the house is raked almost daily, and the entire property both inside and out is beautifully kept! One last thing that I hope will sway you to have a stay at the Blue Moon Cabana...on our last day, some communication confusion resulted in our previously arranged driver to the airport being unavailable. Rather than saying "not my problem," Mirko stepped in and drove my husband and I to the airport himself. I'm telling you, we could not have asked for a better person to have our backs during our first visit to Belize. He is truly awesome, as is the Blue Moon Cabana! You will not be disappointed!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Suzanne A
Montreal, Canada
“Lived up to my fantasies!”
Reviewed 18 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

When my friend sent me pictures of this place, she knew I would love it and she was right. The pictures are very accurate. If anything, the cabana was more even more charming than I expected. It is very quaint, clean, and comfortable and we took advantage of the huge veranda looking out onto the beach. We fell asleep to the sound of the waves and woke to sound of the tropical birds. (We got used to this as the week went on! The birds chirp for a while but then they stop). We had the beach to ourselves for the most part - an experience I have never had before.

The property manager, Mirko, and his girlfriend, Annette, were extremely approachable and helpful. They gave us advice on everything (food, excursions, local interactions) and were available when we had questions.

The location made this one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever had. I loved the fact that it was private (unlike a resort), but at the same time, it was easy to socialize easily with Belizeans and non-Belizeans alike. I would go back in an instant and would still be there if I didn't have to go back to work!

I've already recommended it to friends!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing