Lone Pine Hotel(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
USD 186
USD 101
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 117/night.

Hard Rock Hotel Penang(Batu Ferringhi)
USD 124
USD 113
Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa(Batu Ferringhi)
USD 167
USD 163
Bayview Beach Resort(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
USD 88
USD 53
Holiday Inn Resort Penang(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
USD 90
USD 87
HolidayInn.com
Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La(Batu Ferringhi)
USD 164
USD 132
USD 159
USD 120
Roomies Boutique Bed & Breakfast(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
USD 34
Hotels.com
Baba Guesthouse(Batu Ferringhi)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsdouble treemakan kitchenteddy bear museumkids clubkids cornercalled earlierseparated roomscrabtree and evelynaxis loungeparking vouchershared hallwaynice upgrademinor setbackproper beachpublic areas arethe security guardbridge connecting
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights in March. Nice decor and ambiance. Friendly staff and quick check in. The welcome cookie and the kids pool was the highlight for my child. Breakfast was a let down. Came down for breakfast on both days around 7.00am, no staff behind the egg station to provide service. Hot food was lukewarm and staff was slow to clear plates. Apart from the breakfast, we have enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
DoubleTreePenang, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Allan O,

Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Penang as your preferred hotel during your recent stay here. I am delighted to note that you were impressed with our hotel decor and ambiance. Your remarks about your breakfast experience have been duly noted and will be reviewed with the relevant teams to ensure service improvements - thank you for highlighting this to us. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel upon your return to this sunny island.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This hotel was perfect for our family. We were made to feel very welcome and valued. The rooms were massive and the beds incredibly comfortable. The compact resort made it easy to keep the kids in sight and the small beach is really only accessible by guests so feels private. Shuttle service was very handy. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear CJ T,

Thank you for leaving us with a fantastic review. I am pleased to note that you were happy with the spaciousness of our rooms and that you were impressed with the hospitality shown by our team members. I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Penang in future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed in King One Bedroom Suite - Sea View & Balcony (Room 901) with my parents for three (3) nights.
Spacious, nice & clean room. Always loved the room with balcony.
Amazing spread of buffet breakfast.
Agreed with Dexter K, the real stars of the hotel are the staff themselves. They were very friendly, helpful & accommodating, especially Kennedy & Zizie during check in.
The cookies were very delicious!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Azian2575,

Thank you for leaving us with a great review. I am pleased to note that you had a lovely stay with us and that you were impressed with the spaciousness of our rooms. I am proud to note that our dedicated team members have also left a positive impression on your stay and look forward to welcoming you back with our warm welcome cookies when you return to this part of Malaysia.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were book the rooms with seaview and Balcony ..we had some techical problem in the room but we had met the best team to help solve the problem and free upgrade for us the room. its was the best team ever.
Hotel room was clean and comfortable..adorable environment and great facilities.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessie5220
DoubleTreePenang, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Jessie5220,

Thank you for leaving us with an excellent review. I am pleased to note your positive comments of our dedicated members. Delighted to hear that our hotel rooms and facilities have lived up to your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Penang again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

First time in Penang. We initially booked DoubleTree thinking it was an actual Beach resort; my family was excited for our holiday + we needed to attend a wedding on the mainland.

Check-in was fast, staff were friendly and the welcome cookies were delicious! The lobby was spacious and looked like the photos on Trip Advisor.

Being a family of 5, I specifically asked to book two rooms that were adjoining since we have 3 young kids. We went up to our rooms on the 5th floor and to our pleasant surprise the 'adjoining' rooms were unlike other typical rooms, instead of the connecting door being inside and in between the two rooms, it was really connected outside with sliding doors that stopped anyone from knocking either door. A different touch I thought.
Until..... we discovered that the doors were faulty and did not lock automatically when closed. Now, I know it's Hilton and safety would be part of the Brand's DNA anyway, but having smaller kids I would have preferred the locks to work so I called the hotel frontdesk and they immediately sent up an engineer to investigate.

We then left the rooms for a tour around the hotel while the engineer tinkered with the doors and locks.

The venue is nice, hotel looks new and modern but alas, the pool was smaller than the photos put it out to be and the beach wasn't exactly as near as we thought. It was more of an overhead bridge (over the main road) connecting guests to the small rocky(?) beach below. Not quite a beach you would sit under the sun enjoying the a book kinda place. To each his own I guess.

We initially wanted to have dinner at the hotel that night but the restaurant by the pool looked so empty with no staff around (it was about 645pm) so we decided to take a drive (we had a rented car) around Batu Ferringhi to see what the place offered. It is similar to other beach front towns like Bali and Phuket with resorts spread out. What we realised was that there were also other resorts that probably would have matched what we were expecting. But it was fine, we were happy at Doubletree. We decided we would just find another beach area to hang out later on in our (4d/3n) stay.

After dinner at a nearby restaurant, we went back to the hotel and to our surprise the sliding doors were still not yet fixed. Odd I thought. So another call was made and I suggested that perhaps we could be moved to other rooms that had working locks. After a while, the person who took my call together with a frontdesk staff, personally came to our room to apologise that there were no other rooms available and that these faulty locks were common in the hotel (?). To the staff's credit, they were extremely helpful and tried accommodating. They also assured that they would ask hotel security to patrol the floors more regularly at night. So we decided that we would stay with the given rooms albeit a little concerned that it meant my young kids would need to be locked up in the room (albeit next door) through the night. (We had to repeatedly assure our kids that we were just next door and if anything or if anyone knocked, to call us right away).

On another positive, I do have to mention that on one of the mornings, the day of the wedding, we realised that the venue was on the mainland which also meant that we needed a TouchNGo card which our rental company did not provide for us. To our surprise the Frontline staff (Priya) offered for us to use her spare card instead. We want to recommend her for her wonderful assistance and generous offer. She has been a real life saver.

Overall our stay was pleasant. Breakfast selections were decent, rooms were new and clean. But the real stars of the hotel are the staff themselves. Kudos to them.

However, as for the basic infrastructure standards I would say that it was surprising since the hotel is relatively quite new. If adjoining rooms are on the offer, the locks should at least work.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dexter K
DoubleTreePenang, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Dexter K,

Thank you for leaving us with a review - your feedback is important to us. I am pleased to note that our team members' hospitality and dedication has exceeded your expectations. Whilst I am happy to note that you were pleased with our rooms, I am concerned about your remarks of the locks. Kindly be assured that we are currently reviewing the door lock issue with the contractors for a better solution. We are disappointed to learn that our location was not up to your expectations. Also, we do have staff stationed in Makan Kitchen for dinner but they were probably not standing in a prominent spot around the highlighted time. Thank you, once again, for leaving us with constructive feedback. It is through our guests' feedback that we are able to identify areas for improvement. With that said, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Penang in future.