“Very good Chinese Food”

Beijing Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 41 Restaurants in Summerland
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 29 September 2015

We just came from the smorg at the Beijing Restaurant in Summerland. The décor is dated, but clean. The service was very good as was the food. It was fresh, hot and being filled up constantly. There were lots of desserts to chose from (if you have room), and the were very well presented.
We would recommend this restaurant for a nice quiet, casual Western Chinese Food dinner.

Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

Though this food is not the best Chinese I've eaten I do love the Basa fish and deep fried chicken. This is a typical buffet. The waitress is always nice and accommodating. Dessert options: ice cream Nanaimo bars, chocolate cake, and fruit.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Haven't eaten at Beijing a few times. The food is good but not exceptional. Often buffet is not well stocked. Friendly staff and it is a clean restaurant. We went for Chinese New Years expecting something special but it was the same buffet they always have and although they weren't that busy the food trays were low on food.

Reviewed 4 July 2015

Stopped for a buffet (quick and easy...right) nope. The buffet had almost 3/4 of the dishes empty at 5:30...thought they would fill it up, nope didn't happen. To top it off, when I had to scrape the bottom of the pan I ended up with a long hair in my food. This place is tired, the food is all deep fried and nobody there cares, plus is was $34 for one adult and one teenager...never again.

2  Thank Graham M
Reviewed 21 June 2015

I had my chosen meal delivered. Delivery was prompt and the deliverer was polite and cheerful. The food however was tasteless. I tossed the noodles. I am eating the beef chop suey which is mostly made up of broccoli with a little cauliflower and a very small assortment of other vegetables, and it was tasteless. I detected no "asian" flavouring. The sweet 'n' sour boneless pork ... eh. I won't order again from this restaurant.

1  Thank Elaine M