See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 February 2008

This was enjoyable! The staff though young was attentive and welcoming. There was always someone available, and when we had schedule changes they were very accomodating.

I was travelling through the caribbean and enjoyed a weekend at Rainbow. Safe environment and all staff were helpful, I didn't lack for anything to do, but just sitting on the porch enjoying the day was just as satisfying and walking through Grenville Town to the docks.

Service seems to be improving, but the beds, rooms and services are preferred to other nightly options in the parish! And my meals were just like home. Tasty and plentiful!!

Stayed: September 2006
Reviewed 23 August 2004

The Rainbow Inn, Grenville, Grenada

The Rainbow Inn in Grenville was just fine for two nights. Our room was ready for us when we got there, and was perfectly clean, with clean towels in the rack. The air conditioning worked, the shower water was heated with a little electric gadget that sat on top of the shower head, and there was plenty of water pressure in the shower and in the sink. Our room had it’s own little porch off to the side, and all the rooms share the veranda upstairs, which overlooked the front patio and the road. The lady owner and her daughter were very glad to see us. We paid USD65.00/night for the room, and they made us an excellent fish dinner with fresh local vegetables and salad for EC30.00/pp. The place had little minor defects; the furniture was pretty worn, the sheets and towels were far from being brand new, there was no entertainment nearby, but it was perfectly adequate for our purposes, which were to do some sightseeing and to attend the Rainbow Festival. When we got there, we just enjoyed sitting up on the 2nd floor veranda, drinking rum punches and watching the clouds move in from the sea. The Inn itself is about 2 miles from the ocean.

There were quite a few birds about in the trees and bushes. We saw a hummingbird several times, mourning doves, and there were these really strange black birds with big hooked beaks that the innkeeper said are local parrots. They made a most unusual noise-it could not be called bird “song” by any stretch of the imagination! When night closed in, the tree frogs started to trill, and by the time we finished our dinner on the veranda, they were giving quite a concert. This is just what we were looking for at this stage of our trip…peace, contentment and relaxation.

For others looking for places to stay in Grenada away from the St Georges area, be advised: They are few and far between! We could not find any on the west coast from the northern tip of the island down to the outskirts of St. Georges. Also...many of these little places have email addresses, but we found most of them to be useless. If you want to make an advance reservation, it is worth it to call direct.

• Stayed: August 2004
5  Thank Scenic24841
Reviewed 24 November 2003

My cousin and I arrived at the 'Inn' at about 16:00HRS, 6th Nov 2003.
My first impression should have forewarned me that I was not going to enjoy my stay.

We were served dinner on arrival, which we thought was a very good gesture.

However on closer examination of the accomodation we were very disappointed, the cooker was fit for the rubbish, all the burners were totally rusted and disintegrating causing it to flare.

The fridge, if it can be called that, defrosted at intervals, wetting anything that was placed in it.

The shower was a total death trap, I was shocked twice, an unsheathed electric cable for the hot water ran along the top, it was finally wrapped with insulating tape after my second shock!

This was only the major things!

All I can say is that this place is in need of some serious renovation before it can even be considered for payed accomodation. At $485 USD per week, that's what we paid, it was daylight robbery.

The only reason we decided to stay there was because of it's close proximity to the area where we were searching for family. But after 10 day's, family found or not, we had had enough, we decided to end our stay at the Lexus Inn in St Georges, a class well above the 'Inn'

The most amusing thing at the end was that we were charged for the meal that we recieved on arrival (which I had thought was a good gesture), $50 USD to be exact!

My advice stay clear of this place!

6  Thank Venture10987
Reviewed 8 December 2002

I am a frequent visitor of Grenada (at least 5 times a year). I stayed here from Fri-Sat, checking in at 6:30am. I informed the front desk that the television wasn't working the day I checked in. The problem was never taken care of, and no reduction in rate was offered. I had to request a towel and wash cloth for the bathroom. The towel had human hair on it. I confirmed my reservation, rate ($35US per night), and length of stay in advance. Sat morning I was informed, by someone who I had no contact with initially, that the room rate was $75US per night. She also stated that my $35US only covered from 6:30am until 4:30pm the day of check in, which is absurd. I was required to pay $35US again to cover from 4:30pm until checkout Sat morning at 10am. When I told her I would then be staying another night, she informed me that extra $35US did not cover another overnight stay! She told me the cost of air conditioning and running the inn was high. I spotted mouse droppings in the kitchen, and the walls of the room were filthy. The bed linens were so visibly dirty, I slept on top of the towel. I think the owner saw a tourist, willing to pay in US dollars, and decided to take advantage of the situation. I would sleep on the side of the road before staying at the Rainbow Inn again.

21  Thank Eusabia3