“A lovely find”
Review of Horse & Groom

Horse & Groom
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Holbeach
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

My partner and I have now stayed at The Horse and Groom twice in recent weeks due to a family bereavement
We chose it purely for its location to family.
Now
What can I say???
What an absolute find.
Rooms whilst compact are comfortable and have all that you need. Room 1 shower lights up. I want to stay in that room again.
Clean. Bed comfortable. No decaf coffee but I fetched my own anyway
Towels fluffy. Say no more.
Temperature in room was a tad warm but the proprietor soon came over to assist.
Quiet enough location to allow open windows
Now.....
Food.
The first occasion, the menu was about to change..... the food was adequate. Ok. Nothing wrong with it. It was ok.
Nothing wrong with the service at all, staff are lovely and as residents, a slightly later bar service..... so result.
My 2nd visit.
Breakfast time.
0800-0900
All week.
We declined the offer.
But maybe a preorder service for those guests like myself who want a lay in especially on a weekend, for specific time, paid for in advance. If you snooze you lose.
Just a suggestion
All in all
Loved it.
Will I come back
Most definitely
Fab place.
Just hope that next time I want to book you’ll still be able to accommodate me.
Thank you.

Date of experience: October 2018

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Our party of 20 were in Holbeach for a funeral and late Monday 30th April we asked if they could cater for 20 people. They said Monday's were not that busy and yes. Even so it was a challenge for the kitchen and they came up trumps.The food was superb, well done.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

First time we had been for Sunday's lunch although we live in Holbeach. Restaurant was busy but we were quickly found a seat. (Possibly best to book) . We chose the medium-sized serving which was almost to much!. Beef and lamb dishes both excellent definitely will go back.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

So we stayed here for a night last night and what an absolutely amazing little pub. We all had food which was amazing and the chips were to die for. Very reasonably priced and very quick service. All the staff were amazing and nothing was too much trouble. They had a live band on which made the night even better. The rooms were absolutely spotless with underfloor heating and amazing comfy beds. The bathroom was very clean with an amazing shower. All in all could not recommend this place more highly. Well worth a visit. You won't be disappointed. Thank you horse and groom for your fantastic hospitality.

Date of experience: February 2018