“We loved it!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cucina veneta
Reviewed 20 April 2018

This place was recommended to us by the family that we stayed at and they were right. Absolutely delicious food, not to mention the dessert recommended by an polite owner. They really care about their customers and make sure you're feeling welcomed and well served. Bravo!

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 22 January 2018

My wife and I have dined several time at the Osteria La Trave near Asolo, Italy. The food is excellent and local dishes are prepared with locally sourced ingredients. The owner, Franca is warm and welcoming and able to converse in several languages. A real treat!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

I am in the Asolo area since 20 years regularly and this is one of my favourite Osterias.
The spaghetti alla scoglio are phantastic. If you order Bistecca Fiorentina take care that the meat is not too raw. The atmosphere is cozy, the service friendly. A must for me when I am around Asolo.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 10 October 2017

In my opinion, La Trave and host Franca can be described as an example of the ideal Osteria.
All that is good about the Italian kitchen is on display here. Fresh, local seasonal ingredients (finferle mushrooms for us), a focus on perfectly prepared pastas and of course meats from "the spit", a Veneto specialty.
But Franca and her small staff are so gracious and efficient. She told me of her past experience with one of the most famous Veneto hotel and restaurant families. It shows...La Trave is both simple and a class act at the same time!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

We have been on many occasions to this restaurant having frequented the area for decades. The ambience is cosy and warm in the winter and fresh, quiet and intimate in the summer. Do not be deterred by the exterior, which resembles a country pub, the restaurant opens out into a lovely room at the rear, adjoining a garden. A superb menu of local dishes served by a family team led by Franca, who speaks flawless English.

Date of visit: June 2017