All reviews narrow streets fantastic hotel main piazza hotel restaurant is four nights hire car the hotel offers town centre palermo airport gelato recommend this hotel within walking distance yogurt segesta desk espresso challenge
Reviewed 4 November 2017

I stayed here a few nights while visiting the western coastal area of Sicily. The room they gave me was quiet, like I had asked. Location is perfect in Alcamo for city. There is a computer near front desk and staff will print boarding passes if you ask. The staff was very helpful and friendly with me during my visit. Breakfast was the only downside to this hotel. For a four star establishment I would expect a better breakfast arrangement with some fresh fruit, etc. But this is typical of the Italian style breakfast. However, even the brioches were plain and yogurt was warm. Other than that, the hotel is perfect and was well-priced.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
HotelCentrale, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Dear Guest
thank you for your comment. I am happy that you have generally appreciated the structure and the staff and I'm sorry that the breakfast was not to its liking. Periodically we vary the assortment of the buffet and we hope to better satisfy your requests during the next stay.
Best regards

Reviewed 4 November 2017

This is a small, very friendly hotel in a typical Sicilian town. The hotel itself is fairly traditional and seems to cater mainly for local businessmen. As a group of tourists, we were not their usual customers. Alcamo itself probably doesn't receive that many international tourists. It is a great base for touring the west side of the island, but be warned, Alcamo itself has limited places to eat in the evening. The staff were fantastic and gave us plenty of advice and information, enabling us to make the most of our week. We speak no Italian, and they were kind enough to research and book a hire car for us and give advice on where to go. Thanks to the hotel staff, we were able to explore the west coast of the island and see some fabulous sights and the hotel was a great base for this. There is limited parking outside the hotel, but there are approx. 5 spaces reserved for hotel guests and we were able to park every night. Breakfasts were good and rooms were clean, quiet and spacious. We ate in the hotel one evening and had a very tasty meal at a reasonable price. Special thanks to Enza and Regina on reception, without whom our holiday would not have been as great as it was!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights this October. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful in assisting us with holiday advice , medical assistance and travel arrangements. Parking outside is possible in the reserved spaces but needs care and is easiest with a small car and low traffic flow up the narrow street. The region is wonderful for history, nature and food. We will visit again and explore more sites in the future. Definitely recommended if you want old world charm and real Sicilian hospitality.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Found this hotel on line as I was working in the area! The Staff, Room, Breakfast, in fact everything about this hotel is great and I cannot recommend it any better! The only thing that I found difficult was parking the car but this is to be expected in a city especially in Italy.

Room Tip: I stay in room 105 which was quite and had an area outside to be able to smoke.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jaball
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Not great

Pool was not working and the staff didn't know when it would be. It is 30 degrees.
The breakfast was nice but ran out and wasn't replenished

Staff weren't helpful. I'm confused about other reviews here. We didn't have a car and wanted to do some tours and excursions. They didn't know about any of the leaflets and didn't offer to call them.
Luckily we found our own around the corner from the hotel that was brilliant but this wasn't even offered as an alternative.

There was no shuttle bus- it's a lie on the website.

We asked to have our check out extended to 12 (it's 10am!) to make up for lack of amenities and they begrudgingly told us that 11am was ok. There was only 4 other guests.

You need a car here or to book a tour. Although I wouldn't want to drive. Alcamo is lovely as is the surrounding area but don't rely on the service in the hotel.

It's not a four star!

Also it was our mini moon - which we had told them and they didn't even mention it. Normally hotels would make some effort there

Love Sicily but not this hotel

Stayed: June 2017