“Good value, great service”
Review of La Contea

La Contea
Ranked #33 of 263 Restaurants in Modica
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We ordered melon and Parma ham to share and the waiter kindly brought it out on 2 plates - delicious even though simple. We tasted the wine and unusually I didn't like it and said so. The waiter then discussed our wine tastes at great length and brought us another one instead - fortunately I liked it much better! It cost the same €14. I had a ricotta spinach pizza on 5 grain base which was very good (although too filling!) and I'm not really into pizza. My partner had mixed grill with fries which he was very happy with. 2 mains, 1 starter, 1 bottle of red & 1 water €46. It's on the flat too so no steps to climb:)

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

You can get here either down the side of Chiesa Di San Pietro or opposite the Collins Della Giacanta on Via Marchesa Tedeschi.
We decided to eat outside in the alley and only had one car go past as we ate!
Having tasted the wine we'd ordered my partner decided she didn't like it and the waiter was more than happy to change it so we went for his recommendation which was very good - see photo.
We started by sharing a melon and prosciutto which was still quite large and it was delicious with lovely ripe, fruity melon contrasting superbly with the soft, salty ham.
For mains I had the mixed grill of beef, chicken, pork and sausage all of which were excellent. The side of chips was large and I could only manage about half. My partner had a spinach and ricotta pizza with 5 grains flour which was excellent with a crispy, tasty base.
The whole meal with a half litre of water was 45.5 euros with the wine an excellent 14 eur.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Brilliant service at an aladdin's cave of a restaurant. Pizza's were excellent and extremely good value €10 max. Can't fault this pizza house.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

This is by far the best pizzeria in Modica and you can tell from how busy the place is. Their pizzas are absolutely delicious and in summer this can also be enjoyed outside immersed in baroque ambience.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Incredible dishes, splendid local cuisin! Very pleasant waiter. Good price. We had sword fish & mixed fried fishes.